Podcast

Meditation Oasis Podcast

Our podcast features guided meditations, instructions for meditation, and music for meditation. You can listen to them for free on our Podcast Listening page or through a number of services like iTunes.

Have an iPhone or iPod Touch? Our Meditation Oasis Podcast Application is the ideal way for you to listen to the podcast and get the most out of it. See details at the iTunes store.

The story of the Meditation Oasis podcast

Were it not for the Meditation Oasis podcast, you would not be visiting this website. We received such a positive response to our podcast, that we’ve been inspired to do more to support people in learning and practicing meditation and incorporating it into their life’s journey.

We already knew that our CDs were having a positive impact on peoples’ lives around the world, and we were searching for ways to reach more people.  The idea to start a podcast came up and we began by podcasting the first track on our Pure Relaxation CD.  After that we started creating meditations and music specifically for the podcast.  With thousands of people listening to our podcast and the many positive comments we’ve received, Mary started a blog and we went on to create this website.

The development of Meditation Oasis is a joint project.  Mary always says that when she creates a meditation, she is literally meditating with those listen.  It’s like one giant group meditation, and the meditations arise from the “energy” of the group. We receive many requests for specific meditation themes, and often the meditations are inspired by those requests.  Your heart-warming comments and wonderful questions inspire us as we grow and learn with you.

We encourage you to leave comments and ask questions!

What is a podcast?

If you are not familiar with podcasts, here is some information.

A podcast is basically an audio or video broadcast on the internet.  The word comes from a combination of the word broadcast and iPod (which is Apple’s popular MP3 player — a portable player which allows you to store and play audio and video files).  It’s easiest to think of it as a radio or TV show that you receive on the internet.  Unlike a radio or TV broadcast, however, you can listen to or view a podcast anytime you want to.

Our podcast consists mostly of guided meditations with music, with a few episodes of talks about meditation.  You can listen to it on our Podcast Listening page simply by clicking the links you find there.  If you have an iPod or another MP3 player, you can “download” the podcast episodes to your player and listen to it wherever and whenever you’d like.

You don’t need an iPod or MP3 player to listen to a podcast on the computer, but you do need those to store them.

About subscribing to a podcast. You can subscribe to a podcast in the same way that you subscribe to a newsletter, and automatically receive it when a new episode is released.  You can subscribe through a number of services like iTunes or through what’s called an “RSS feed”.

Subscribe to the Meditation Oasis Podcast. You can subscribe to the podcast at iTunes, or simply paste our podcast feed URL into your podcasting software: http://meditationoasis.libsyn.com/rss

Comments

227 Responses to “Podcast”

1. Arnold Ronis on August 28th, 2008 3:25 pm

I like to start my day by listening to one of your meditations. thank you.

2. Mary on August 28th, 2008 5:33 pm

You are welcome. Thanks for taking the time to comment and let us know. We love hearing from listeners!

3. Ally on August 29th, 2008 4:15 pm

I really enjoy your guided meditations

4. Mary on August 30th, 2008 8:51 am

Thanks for stopping by, Ally — glad you’re enjoying them!

5. Sandy on August 30th, 2008 3:35 pm

I just love your guided meditations. I have listened to many others out there and yours are the ones I return to. They are calming, quiet and keep me focused. They really help me start the day. Thank you so much for doing this.
    Sandy

6. Mary on August 31st, 2008 8:59 am

We’re so pleased that the meditations are helping, Sandy. It’s great that you are using them regularly — that brings even more benefit.

You are so very welcome, and thank you for your comment!

7. Kristen on September 1st, 2008 3:14 am

I love your podcast – your voice is amazing. I have meditated off and on for the past ten years but so far nothing has taken me into myself quite like the guided meditations. Thank you.

8. Mary on September 1st, 2008 8:25 am

Hi Kristen,
    I love your phrase “taken me into myself”. How beautiful that this is happening! You are very welcome.

9. balaban begen on September 3rd, 2008 1:25 pm

Thank you.
    Thank to the voice of speech.
    Thank to the words of choice.
    Thank to Mary.

10. Mary on September 4th, 2008 8:58 am

You are very welcome, Balaban! Mary

11. Gilles Emond on September 6th, 2008 11:07 am

Thanks for your perfect moment of life when I listened to your guided meditations.

12. Mary on September 6th, 2008 11:47 am

You are welcome, Gilles!

13. Lisa on September 14th, 2008 4:26 am

I’ve written before to tell you how your meditations have helped me. I just wanted to say thank you, again, your meditations have given me back my life from anxiety and insomnia. Lisa

14. Mary on September 14th, 2008 8:58 am

Thanks for checking in again, Lisa. It’s good to hear that you have continued to use the meditations and experience the benefits. You are welcome, again!

15. Liz Calleja on September 24th, 2008 2:49 am

Mary your guided meditations have been a great help to me in my recovery from illness. I listen to you every day over here in Australia.

16. Mary on September 24th, 2008 9:01 am

Glad to hear that, Liz. Best wishes with your continued recovery…

17. Treeah on October 7th, 2008 12:52 pm

Hello
    I was never the type of person who would think about even mediating. But by surprise I gave birth to my children in my 40’s. With this I seem to have gotten a little Anxiety. I fell upon the Podcast with my Ipod and I have to say that I really appreciate Meditation Oasis podcast. With a little medicine and the Meditation I seem to be just fine. I hope others can benefit as well…

18. Mary on October 7th, 2008 1:10 pm

We’re really glad the meditations are helping, Treeah!

19. Karen on October 10th, 2008 12:58 pm

I love the podcasts (which I download onto my iPod from itunes). I listen to them at the beach, while at home or on the train ride to work.
    I love the guided part but wonder if they could last a bit longer after that with just the music?

20. Mary on October 10th, 2008 3:53 pm

Glad you’re enjoying the podcasts, Karen.

Actually, our plan is to have at least 5 minutes of music continuing beyond the guided meditation part in the future. Our last podcast (Inner Child) was made that way.

21. Judith on October 11th, 2008 12:31 am

Mary, thank you so much for creating your Inner Child pod cast. I discovered your site just by searching for topics on meditation 3 months ago when I started to learn about and teach myself meditation. I will be 60 next year and can’t believe I have waited this long to discover how simple and peaceful the answer to a healed spirit truly is. Your soothing words and beautiful music are now part of the daily nourishment for my soul. Peace and love from New Zealand.

22. Mary on October 11th, 2008 9:39 am

Hello Judith,
    You are very welcome! I’m so glad you have discovered meditation and love to know we are sharing this peaceful experience across so many miles.

23. Bob Geurtze on October 26th, 2008 6:29 pm

I have enjoyed your meditations very much and get a lot out of them, Thank-You.
    I would like to see you do a meditation on releasing fear from your inner self.

Thanks
    BG

24. Mary on October 27th, 2008 9:56 am

Glad you are enjoying the meditations, Bob, and thanks for the request.

25. Ashley on October 28th, 2008 7:43 pm

I love your podcast so much! As a busy college student, it’s easy to forget how to unwind. When anxiety and classes make me a nervous wreck, your podcasts help me calm down and focus on what’s really important in my life.

Thank you so much!

26. Mary on October 29th, 2008 2:45 pm

You are so welcome, Ashley! It’s wonderful to hear from students who are meditating. It makes such a difference. I know my college years would have been so much better with meditation!

27. LT on November 1st, 2008 9:18 am

I love the music used in your “music only” podcast. Is it one of your own works?
    I never thought I’d be a person who meditates. But, when I actually tried one of your guided meditations (Going Deep Within) somehow, I was able to relax enough to go into that “silent space” and I actually received an answer to a big question in my life. Not once but twice!
    I also received help during the “Inner Child” piece. I saw myself as a child, loving God and curious about the things of God. I never want that to end.
    I know this probably won’t happen every time I meditate, but I just wanted to share with you both the news of the breakthroughs I have received through your podcast meditations.
    Many, many thanks. May you receive more than you have given.

28. Mary on November 2nd, 2008 10:24 am

Hi LT,

Richard (Maddux) composes all of the music in the background of my meditations and it is his music in the “music only” podcast. Our Pure Light CD has 10 selections of music from the background of our podcasts and CDs.

Thank you so much for taking the time to describe your beautiful experiences. It is inspiring to hear about them. What a blessing to be able to go into that silent space and get answers. That is definitely the state where your intuition is fully available.

Best wishes, Mary

29. Edward McCormack on November 21st, 2008 4:08 pm

Could you podcast another track of music alone similar to the last one?
    Thanks, Ed McCormack

30. Mary on November 22nd, 2008 10:59 am

We will consider that, Ed. In the meantime, you might be interested in our Pure Light CD which contains 10 selections of background music from our podcast and CDs.

31. hk on December 11th, 2008 6:58 pm

Great site and tips on meditation! I enjoyed reading your articles.

As a physician, I also recommend meditation to people for things like insomnia, anxiety, etc. It’s a huge part of my own spiritual practice.

For more on the effects of meditation on health and wellbeing, please see:

32. Monique on December 13th, 2008 12:25 pm

Oh thank you for your podcast. I was looking for something that would help me release my stress while I was at home or at work.
    Is there a way if you can do a past life meditation?
    I cannot find a good one at all for a podcast.
    Thanks
    Monique

33. Mary on December 15th, 2008 10:41 am

You are welcome, Monique. Glad you found the podcast.

We have lots of requests and keep them all in mind, but can’t do them all. Often what people are looking for when they make a particular request can be found in another meditation, just in a different form. Anything that happened to us in the past, no matter how long ago, is still here with us in the present and can be dealt with from many angles.

Best wishes.

34. Frine Pedraza on December 24th, 2008 12:55 pm

I just want to congratulate for your excellent service, you can’t imagine how many people have been blessed with your sharing knowledge.
    My best wishes today, tomorrow and always, in this life and the next ones.
    With respect and admiration

FP

35. Mary on December 24th, 2008 5:29 pm

Thank you for your kind words, Frine. We send you all our best wishes as well.

36. Lynne Riday on January 10th, 2009 11:09 am

Ditto to all the positive comments. Mary has such a pleasant and reassuring speaking voice, I feel encouraged even if she is only explaining about meditation. I am transitioning to embracing a new life as I approach my senior years, so I need all the help I can get. Meditation Oasis is a valued part of my personal support system.
    My God bless you for sharing your gifts.
    -Lynne Riday, Early Childhood Specialist, and partner of author John Burkitt

37. Mary on January 10th, 2009 11:52 am

Thank you so much, Lynne, for stopping by and commenting. I’m so glad the podcast is helping. I wish you well with your transition.

38. Carla on January 11th, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi,
    Just wanted to let you know that I listen to your meditations periodically and they’ve been great help to calm me down.
    Thanks you for taking the time to share your knowledge and energy with the rest of us.

Carla

39. Mary on January 11th, 2009 6:24 pm

You are welcome, Carla. Good to hear from you.

40. finding my inner zen « kyle’s not in argentina on February 10th, 2009 4:54 am

[...] me introduce the wonder that is the Meditation Oasis podcast (just search for it on [...]

41. Daniel on February 15th, 2009 12:44 am

My sponsor and some of my brother sponsors (in recovery) had started a Sunday morning meditation group a while ago. I discovered your meditation podcasts and we often use your meditations. I want to thank you for making this resource available! Personally, I was very intimidated by meditation until I stumbled upon your podcasts. I can’t say much more than thank you and I continue to recommend your site to friends!

42. Mary on February 15th, 2009 11:28 am

You are welcome, Daniel. I’m so glad you have the Sunday morning meditation group. What a great resource, and it’s fulfilling for Richard and I that you are able to use our meditations. We wish you, your group and your friends all the best…

43. Rob on March 23rd, 2009 4:07 am

I started listening to these during a time of great stress, sometime in 2008. I still use these regularly. I cant tell you how beneficial these have been to my life. Thank you thank you.

44. Mary on March 23rd, 2009 11:22 am

You’re welcome, you’re welcome, Rob. Thanks for stopping by to comment.

45. Billie on April 4th, 2009 3:49 pm

I found your meditations a while back and have listened to some over and over. Your podcast have really helped me to tune into meditation and bring an overall clarity to life. So glad that you are continuing with your gift and helping many such as I to find a peaceful, simplistic state of mind. I look forward to many more of your blissful meditations!

Thank you for everything that you’re doing and please keep them coming!

46. Mary on April 4th, 2009 4:27 pm

You are welcome, Billie. Glad you are getting so much out of the meditations!

47. annora on April 7th, 2009 4:04 am

Hi Mary

thanks for the awesome podcasts, they’re amazing. I usually listen to you before i go to bed at the end of the day. Your voice is soothing and very calming. I’ve just started my first real job and it was pretty stressful, but listening to your podcasts have helped a lot! I’m doing better now :)

48. Mary on April 7th, 2009 9:39 am

You’re welcome, annora. Starting a job, especially your first is so stressful. I’m glad you’re enjoying the podcast and that it’s helping with your job. Good luck!

49. Russell Harrison on April 20th, 2009 7:22 am

Thanks for your generosity in providing the podcasts. They are wonderful. When I hear your voice, I respond as I would to the voice of a good friend.

50. Mary on April 20th, 2009 9:22 am

You are welcome, Russell. Interesting that you refer to my voice as that of “an old friend”. Meditation does create an intimacy with oneself and therefore with others. When I create the meditations, I am not in the “instructor” mode, I am simply meditating with all of you. Perhaps that’s what you hear or you may simply be getting into such a comfortable place in yourself that you feel that way.

51. solen on April 21st, 2009 9:21 am

Hi Mary,
    Thank you so much for your brilliant podcast, I listened to them in a lot of different occasion in my daily life.
    I live in Paris and I travel often, I couldn’t travel without your meditation anymore, they smooth and balance me after long flight.
    I have one question, which one would you advice to listen after exercising-like after cardio or running?
    Sincerely
    Solen

52. Mary on April 21st, 2009 10:47 am

You are welcome, Solen. I would imagine that after exercising, it would be good to do something restful like the Deep Rest meditation. You could also try the Body Awareness Meditation to help integrate the effects of exercise. Also good would be any of the basic meditations that don’t have a specific focus, such as Simply Being, Effortlessness and so on.

53. Dan on April 28th, 2009 8:05 pm

I have been downloading many of your meditations from emusic. This is wonderful. Your centering and letting go meditations have taken me to a new level. Thanks so much.

54. Mary on April 29th, 2009 8:59 am

You are welcome, Dan. Thanks for taking the time to comment. It’s inspiring for us to know that you have gone “to a new level”!

55. Nina on May 6th, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi Mary,
    I just wanted to say thank you for the fabulous work that you do. I love listening to your Meditations and in particular, I love the ‘Simply Being’ meditation – I listen to it every day!
    Thanks again
    Nina

56. Mary on May 7th, 2009 9:54 am

You are welcome, Nina. It’s great to hear from you!

57. annie_M on May 14th, 2009 8:36 pm

I started using the podcasts following surgery. I never had visits or breathing exercises from a therapist after my procedure. Once home I realized that I was not able to take a deep breath without being uncomfortable. Your exercises not only reversed the problem but have helped me to strengthen my diaphragm….and what a better blood pressure reading!!! thanks

58. Mary on May 15th, 2009 2:26 pm

Great news, annie_M. You are welcome and thanks for sharing your experience. Which podcast episodes did you use?

59. Mary on May 22nd, 2009 3:22 am

Hi Joey,
    So glad you are enjoying the meditations. Great that you are connected with your own source as well. Best wishes!

60. Joey on May 22nd, 2009 11:47 am

I love your meditations. Your voice is soothing and so is the beautiful music. I have been using them to relax before sleep for about 6 weeks. Even though I have my own source (see website) I deeply appreciate your meditations.

61. Karen Lee on May 26th, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi Mary and Richard:

Your podcasts are a wonderful part of my life. I too like to start my day with one and appreciate the ease and gentleness in which you have given this gift to all of us. I recommend you all the time to friends and plan to incorporate my learnings in the freelance writing career I am embarking on (focusing on finding peace as a working mother).

Best,
    Karen

62. Mary on May 27th, 2009 9:18 am

Lovely to hear from you, Karen, and to hear how you are incorporating the meditations into your life. You are welcome!

Finding peace as a working mother is a challenge, and we’re glad you’re finding ways to do that and especially sharing that with others. Best wishes in your career.

63. Vincent on June 8th, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi Mary,

In many of your guided meditations, you say things like “become aware of everything your experiencing” and name “sensations in the body”, “thoughts”, “emotions”, etc…Do you mean become aware of all these things and hold them in your attention at the same time, or rather, move your attention from one to another? Perhaps I missed the point all together?

Thanks for your help and all your great podcasts.

Vincent

64. Mary on June 8th, 2009 6:29 pm

Great question, Vincent. First, with all of the meditations, take the “instructions” very lightly. They are never meant to be followed in a precise way. The idea is to be very easy about them, just letting them be gentle prompts to your own experience of going within.

When I say those things, it’s mostly just to help you become aware of what is going on in the moment, as opposed to being caught up in thoughts about things. It’s becoming aware of what is happening here and now, but it’s not a matter of “noting” it or naming it in any way, nor do you need to hold these things in your awareness.

The word “notice” is important. Noticing happens spontaneously so in a way the instruction points you to what is naturally happening. Noticing is different than “looking out for” or concentrating on something.

You are very welcome. I hope this explanation helps. Feel free to ask if this doesn’t make things clearer!

65. Dan on June 29th, 2009 8:38 pm

Mary,

I wrote in about 2 months ago telling you that your guided meditations on centering have brought me to a new level. Well, I want to thank you again for your continued updates as many of them have become a regular part of my daily meditations. As a musician and film composer, this has helped strengthen my creativity and enhanced my ability to create artful music in general. As a working adult and father/husband, they help me keep balance in times of perceived unbalance. The music is also wonderful. Please keep up the good work!

Peace to you and yours
    Dan (NJ)

66. Chris on June 30th, 2009 9:07 am

I found your meditations on itunes this week. They are wonderful! For some reason, Mary’s voice sends me into a trance within the first few minutes.

Just the same, your podcasts have reminded me to just let things be – everything going on inside me. I forget that spiritual healing is a process, and like a broken arm, it takes time.

67. Mary on June 30th, 2009 9:07 am

Dan, thank YOU for this lovely update and of course you are so very welcome. As a musician and composer, you know the ultimate fulfillment is when your work touches someone and so hearing reports like this is very fulfilling for Richard and I.

And, by the way, I am originally from NJ — nice to hear from you!

68. Mary on June 30th, 2009 9:22 am

Chris, so glad you’re enjoying the meditations. I agree — I find it really helps to remember that healing/growth are gradual and take time. I also need to remind myself (often) that it’s not about achieving some final goal or state of perfection, but relaxing into the process and learning to enjoy what we have along the way.

69. Raul Arias de Para on July 28th, 2009 7:45 pm

Mary,
    I just made a donation. I’m very grateful for your podcasts. I go to sleep every night listening to them and, if I wake up in the middle of the night, your voice soothes my soul and I fall sleep again,
    Love and peace,
    Raul

70. Mary on July 29th, 2009 9:17 am

Raul, I’m so glad the podcasts are helpful for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and thank you also for your donation. Donations help us to continue offering the podcast. We wish you all the best.

71. Monique on August 4th, 2009 6:20 pm

Hi I would like to thank you for your wonderful meditation cd’s and podcast. I would like to know if there will be a past life meditation guide? I think that your voice will be wonderful for it. Again I would like to thank you for your wonderful collection and I look forward to getting more of them.

72. Mary on August 5th, 2009 9:33 am

Monique, you are welcome! Thank you for your request. I don’t have plans for such a meditation, but keep a list of all requests and do consider them.

73. Alan on August 20th, 2009 1:01 pm

My sincerest gratitude for the podcast you provide. They are key to development of my meditative practice.

74. Mary on August 21st, 2009 9:54 am

So glad to hear that, Alan. You are so welcome.

75. mary on August 29th, 2009 8:07 am

During the last six months my life has taken a 180 turn. While planning my wedding (which will take place in two weeks) I’ve lost my job, and relocated from New Jersey to Phoenix, Arizona because of my fiance’s new job. In the process, I’ve felt very lonely to say the least. I’m completely stressed and anxious. Thankfully, meditation oasis has been of great help to me. The breathing exercises have helped my heart rate to lower a bit. I was under a constant state of tachycardias and insomnia became a frequent companion at night. My concern is, I think I still don’t know how to meditate or concentrate. What exactly, am I doing wrong?

76. Mary on August 29th, 2009 12:29 pm

Hello Mary, You are certainly under a lot of stress, and I’m glad the meditations are helping.

Reading our Difficulty Meditation page and some of the other pages about how to meditate may help with your meditation. If not, you might want to consider taking our Online Course which gives you more support for learning meditation and also provides you with 4 personal email consultations.

We wish you well.

77. Maureen on September 16th, 2009 8:10 pm

Mary, I have turned so many people on to your meditations. including my children Your meditations put them to bed each night. Thanks…………very grateful and excited about meditation. Maureen

78. Mary on September 17th, 2009 9:24 am

Maureen, I love thinking of your children going to bed with the meditations! I hope to create some in the future specifically for children, but I have heard from others who use the podcasts with their children.

You are welcome, wonderful to hear of your excitement about meditation!

79. Flight « cracked betty on October 10th, 2009 6:47 pm

[...] the engine and air-con noise, podcasts or meditation tracks on an iPod are great. I especially like Meditation Oasis, the Meditation Podcast, or Meditation Station. All of these are available as downloads from [...]

80. johanna on December 16th, 2009 7:38 am

Hi, I had always been interested in meditation but had not been lucky enough to find one that suited me, until I accidently ran into Meditation Oasis. I subscribe to the podcasts and I am very happy with your sessions. With so many responsabilities like work, kids, college, etc. it is very hard to stay focused and sane :) I have been listening to your guided meditations at night and most of the time I don’t even get to the end of them and I am already sleeping and best of all I wake up feeling great. Thank you so much for your meditations, my next goal is to get my worrisome husband to listen to them as well.

81. Mary on December 16th, 2009 10:00 am

This is good to hear, johanna! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

82. Kim on January 17th, 2010 2:54 am

I can’t wait for your app to be available for Android! I own an Android phone, not an iPhone and I love your podcast.

83. Mary on January 17th, 2010 10:54 am

Hi Kim, So glad you are enjoying the podcast. We do have plans for our apps to be available for Android, but it may be a while until that happens.

84. Alice on January 21st, 2010 9:45 pm

Dear Mary,
    I have been going through some hard times in my life and do not get much sleep. I started listening to your podcast from my Zune and sleep comes so much easier to me and you make me feel like everything is okay in life and just to pick up where i left off later. Thank you for (unintentionally) helping me.

85. Mary on January 22nd, 2010 10:16 am

How lovely to hear this, Alice. You are welcome!

86. richard on January 22nd, 2010 4:47 pm

could you share your podcast feed address with me?

87. Mary on January 22nd, 2010 5:02 pm
  88. Is there a market for guided meditation media? on February 7th, 2010 4:52 pm

[...] have downloaded these guided meditations: Meditation Oasis Podcast — listen to free guided meditations with music | Meditation Oasis PodcastPeople – Your online podcasting studio

89. Time For A Body Check-In: How Does Yours Feel? « Healthy Girl on February 17th, 2010 11:03 pm

[...] So, I made a choice that was just the opposite (but still very yummy). 3. I listened to a chakra meditation podcast. I’m not a chakra expert or anything, but I’ve done it before, and knew that the third [...]

90. Commitment to Stillness | Daily Meditation on May 16th, 2010 5:45 am

[...] can certainly learn and benefit from a class-room guided meditation or a great meditation podcast but neither is a necessity. The resources available on the web and in books are tremendous, and you [...]

91. A 31 Day Yoga and Meditation Challenge on June 1st, 2010 3:42 pm

[...] podcasts and the studio where Vickie teaches (#7). For meditation, my favorite all-time podcast is Meditation Oasis (Mary Maddux) with her soothing, calming, caring and guided [...]

92. Meditation Benefits for Depression | FYI Living on June 9th, 2010 12:15 pm

[...] manage your stress there are various free guided meditation podcasts available online including Meditation Oasis and My  Thought [...]

93. luis Gabriel escobedo on June 11th, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi Mary. It´s been a quiet few months since I havent Write.But i just wanted to tell you that since the first i wrote you I´ve been listening to your podcast. I have the almost all. FOr rest, for chakra, stress, resting in the source ( my favorite by the way) .
    I wanted to ask you which is the appropiate podcast for the day ,or it depends.
    Finally I experienced the benefits of your podcast on “the war”. What i mean is that the only way to feel no stress is to have some hard times but still be in completly calm.
    Thanks for been in my life. Can yoy give some tips, nexts steps to improve myself…
    Kisses!
    Luis

94. Mary on June 12th, 2010 9:17 am

Hi luis, It’s wonderful that you have been using the meditations regularly. I’m not sure what you mean “appropriate podcast for the day”? If you mean for the daytime as opposed to night, I would say that it does depend. You can try them and see what works best for you. In general, though, I think the meditations you mention are all good night time meditations. Of course the Morning Energy Meditation is good for the beginning of the day, and I think the meditations with a “focus” like Inner Child, Creativity, Intuition would be better done during the day.

As for tips for self-improvement, that’s hard to say without knowing you, but perhaps I can write sometime soon with some general lifestyle tips that might be helpful to everyone. Thanks for the idea!

95. Kim Bullington on June 27th, 2010 6:43 pm

Mary,
    I found your podcast while searching for meditation options. I am new to meditating and your guided meditations have been great for me. I noticed that they were done a while ago…are you still doing the podcasts or do you have other meditations available elsewhere? Thanks for sharing your sessions – they have been a great way for me to get started. Your voice is amazing.
    Gratefully yours,
    Kim

96. Mary on June 28th, 2010 9:24 am

Hi Kim, you are very welcome. Our plan is to continue to add new meditations to the podcast, but we aren’t always able to do it as often as we’d like. We will be working on a new one soon, though. We do have other meditations for sale. Some albums of meditations are available as mp3 downloads in our Shop on the website, and if you have an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, there are some available as Apps.

97. Karthik on July 23rd, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi Mary – Long time!
    I listened to your podcast on opening the heart. It was awesome. Felt good vibrations on my head as the meditation progressed. Your voice is very soothing – Will listen to other podcasts. Thanks!

98. Mary on July 24th, 2010 6:17 pm

Karthik, Good to hear from you. Glad you liked that one. It was recorded with my local group and all had good experiences. You’re welcome.

99. Time Out « ms wildward on July 28th, 2010 4:52 am

[...] It’s hard not to act impulsively when we feel frightened, angry or overwhelmed. Meditation Oasis has free meditation podcasts which could help to shift awareness and enter a more tranquil and [...]

100. Meditation Oasis « ms wildward on July 28th, 2010 9:48 am

[...] Meditation Oasis Hard not to act impulsively when fear or rage gets you in their grip. Meditation Oasis has free meditation podcasts to help calm, relax and shift awareness – check them out at http://www.meditationoasis.com/podcast/ [...]

101. Fewmus on August 25th, 2010 8:47 am

As one of the ‘ worlds worriers’ I used to find relaxing at night impossible with my mind spinning. Now I listen to you most nights and all those worries disappear. Don’t take offence but I rarely hear the end of your meditations because I’m off into the most glorious sleep and I wake next moring with my headphones still on. Thank you so much.

102. Mary on August 25th, 2010 9:14 am

You are so welcome, Fewmus. No offense taken! So glad you can let go of worry and get a “glorious sleep”!

103. Joanne on August 29th, 2010 6:48 am

Hi Mary,

I wanted to thank you for your wonderful meditations. I find them to be very helpful and relaxing.

I often listen to the podcasts when I travel to work on the train. Previously, I always felt I had to be in a silent place to meditate, but your podcast made me realise that I can meditate on the train (when I have the most spare time) and just accept that there might be noise or movement around me.

I also listen to the podcasts at night before going to sleep as they clear my mind of thoughts and worries that keep me awake.

I am also doing your Online Course and am finding it to be a wonderful and peaceful experience. Thank you for making learning to meditate so easy to understand. I used to worry that I wasn’t ‘doing it right’ because my mind would wonder but your materials have made me realise that this is a normal part of meditation.

Best wishes!
    Joanne

104. Mary on August 29th, 2010 9:26 am

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences, Joanne. We’re glad you’re enjoying the course and that it’s helping with your meditation. You are very welcome!

105. Anna on November 2nd, 2010 1:11 pm

Meditation Oasis came up when I was looking for Pray As You Go on itunes podcasts. As soon as I tried it last night, I was hooked! I felt more focused when I went on from a meditation moment to a midterm exam…thank you! I’m recommending you to my friends!

106. Mary on November 3rd, 2010 9:09 am

Anna, glad you found us. Meditation can really help with studies and exams!

107. go.girl.magazine » Blog Archive » Improving the Traveler’s Relationship with Wi-Fi on November 7th, 2010 6:00 am

[...] the morning, recommend NPR for my English students, do a yoga class in the morning, and listen to a meditation before [...]

108. sara on November 10th, 2010 8:45 pm

Thank you so much you wonderful wonderful people. With the help of one of your podcasts, I said hello to my soul for the first time two days ago. Bless you.

109. Mary on November 11th, 2010 10:18 am

sara, you are so very welcome. Saying hello to your soul for the first time sounds quite wonderful! May more and more wonder unfold for you!

110. Ck on November 13th, 2010 6:55 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you – for bringing all of us that much closer to a global spiritual change. Though meditation has been part of my life on and off in the past I came back to it 2 years ago and periodically seek out guided meditations as they feel like being part of a group energy and also help when I get into a rut or feel overwhelmed. I am very much enjoying yours. There is so much more room for me to grow and I am thankful for every opportunity to do so. Blessings

111. Mary on November 14th, 2010 10:20 am

Ck, You are welcome, you are welcome, you are welcome!

112. LeAnn on December 10th, 2010 2:54 pm

I just had to write in and say how much your podcasts have helped me. A friend told me about them to deal with some pain management and sleep issues. I made a CD of three of them one night when I was in some pretty horrific pain and could not sleep. I never got past the first mediation. It was so amazing.

I recently started college again and I have been having anxiety issues and your podcasts have helped me to calm, relax, and not just sleep, but rest. I keep the mini study break one on my ipod and I use it at school. I find a small study room, dim the lights and meditate until I am where I need to be to accomplish all that I can.

I really cant thank you enough for doing what you do. It has made a world of difference in my life. I tell people about your work all the time. If just one person finds half the kind of relief that I did, it would be worthwhile.

Thank you again, and I hope that we can look forward to many more meditations.

113. Mary on December 16th, 2010 11:12 am

You are welcome, LeAnn, and thank YOU for taking the time to let us know. It’s inspiring that you have made such good use of the meditations!

114. Flight on December 18th, 2010 12:08 am

115. Rowena on December 20th, 2010 4:40 pm

Thank-you for your podcasts they have helped me so much. I am so grateful that I came across them. :)

116. Mary on December 21st, 2010 10:30 am

You are welcome, Rowena — so glad the podcast has helped you!

117. Vincent on December 27th, 2010 4:28 am

Hi Mary,

Thanks for all your guided meditations. They are really, really helpful. I’ve been practicing with them for over a year now and I keep discovering more.

I have one question: My posture tends to slump as I meditate. If I don’t adjust it during the meditation, I tend to end up really quite scrunched up. Could you give me some advice about meditation posture from your perspective?

Thanks.

-Vincent

118. Mary on December 28th, 2010 10:03 am

You are welcome, Vincent. My advice is to be comfortable. Sometimes the body may drift into different postures as we meditate and as long as the position you find yourself in is comfortable, I feel it’s OK to continue as you are.

119. LeAnn Noland on January 8th, 2011 12:03 am

I was curious, is there a podcast for, or could one be created for positive attitude. I think it would be helpful to have a meditation that focused on the turning of a negative attitude to positive.

If there is already a meditation like this, could you put me in the direction of it?

Thanks!

LeAnn

120. Mary on January 9th, 2011 5:22 pm

Interesting idea, LeAnn, and I’ll add it to the request list. We don’t have one on that specific theme, but certainly the Gratitude Meditation would help someone to move in a positive direction.

121. Julie on January 14th, 2011 11:19 am

Thankyou so much for your free podcast, I just started listening and I am feeling relief and calmness. This is definitley going to be a part of my life from now on. Thankyou so much!

122. Mary on January 14th, 2011 2:42 pm

You are so welcome, Julie. Keep on meditating regularly! It will make a big difference in your life.

123. Irv Etkin on January 20th, 2011 4:54 pm

I found your podcast by accident on iTunes and am now doing a guided meditation in the am and sometimes at bedtime. I find it relaxes me and I can fall asleep more easily most times.
    Question – How does this meditation relate to Buddhist-type meditations?
    Suggestion – Most of your meditations are 10-12 minutes or so. Can they be made longer – 15-20 minutes by ending the regular meditation, make a music only space, then start/continue the meditation for the longer period for those who want it?
    By the way, part of the success of the podcast meditation is Mary’s very soothing, calm voice. I love it!

124. Mary on January 21st, 2011 9:52 am

Irv, it’s impossible for me to say how this meditation relates to Buddhist-type meditations. First, I haven’t done Buddhist meditations. Second, I’m sure there are a variety of interpretations of Buddhist meditation which would make it difficult to compare. You can find common elements in many meditation styles and traditions. The same basic principles of the human mind can be discovered over and over by different teachers and traditions.

Glad you’re enjoying the meditations. We’ll consider your suggestion.

125. kullwant on February 11th, 2011 8:52 pm

Dear Mary, I got in maditation app by chance yesterday. I tried one of them and I like it very much. I am going to try more until i get the right one for me.Thanks for providing these.

126. Mary on February 13th, 2011 6:40 pm

You are welcome, kullwant!

127. Anna on March 7th, 2011 11:50 pm

With your podcast, I have finally been able to get over my insomnia which I have had for as long as I can remember. I am a survivor and suffer from PTSD, but your meditations have really been helping that and my anxiety. Thank you so much for everything..I hope you create more Android apps for I love to support y’all!

128. Mary on March 8th, 2011 9:32 am

You are so welcome, Anna. It’s wonderful to hear that the meditations are helping so much, really wonderful… We do plan on putting more of our apps on Android. Actually, we recently released our At Ease – Anxiety & Worry Relief app on Android. You might find that very useful. Best wishes in your continued healing.

129. Whitney on March 9th, 2011 9:32 am

Just wanted to let you know that your guided meditations are absolutely wonderful. My husband I use them frequently. My husband uses them on a regular basis. Lots of times we meditate together, which is one of the most amazing things for a couple. Brings you closer together in an amazingly special way. He has really bad anxiety and whenever he meditates his anxiety just slips away. We are both very grateful.

130. Mary on March 9th, 2011 10:51 am

Whitney, this is wonderful to hear. It’s great that you can meditate together like this. It does bring you together — you meet on the most intimate level of yourselves!

131. Dave on March 20th, 2011 2:56 pm

Mary – I am dealing with some anxiety issues and came across your site. I just did one of your meditations and this looks like something that could help me. I’ve tried meditating a few times on my own before and I always find my mind wandering (i.e., thinking/worrying about external things). So thank you.

I have a question. This would be really great on my MP3 player to use during the day. How can I go about doing that?

132. Mary on March 20th, 2011 4:35 pm

Dave, you are welcome, and you can download any of the meditations using the following instructions —

To download these files, right click (or Option+click) on the meditation link and choose the menu option for downloading to whatever directory you wish on your computer — “save link (or target) as” on PCs and “download linked file” on Macs. Once on your computer, you can put the mp3 onto your player.

133. Day 24- On meditation « allspunout365 on March 24th, 2011 1:42 pm

[...] podcasts on Itunes for free guided meditations.  I also really enjoy the podcast in Itunes by Meditation Oasis.  You can upload these onto your Ipod and do meditations just about [...]

134. hazel on April 2nd, 2011 3:42 pm

hi
    your meditations have changed me as a person and enriched my life
    Hazel
    x

135. Mary on April 2nd, 2011 5:22 pm

That’s great to hear, Hazel. Thank you for letting us know!

136. Jenni on April 12th, 2011 3:40 pm

I love the Deep Rest meditations – I listen to them every night when lying down! Would love to have more!

137. Ryan on June 2nd, 2011 2:08 am

Wow, look at all the wonderful meditations you’ve shared with so many people, including me! I’m very grateful, and I hope you have all the peace in your life that you’ve brought so many others. :)

138. Ankit on June 21st, 2011 9:19 am

WoW, The podcast is awesome!! I find it relaxing.
    Well thanks for sharing…

139. Tools to Give Up Dieting | head-heart-health.com on July 13th, 2011 11:58 pm

[...] For free guided meditation I recommend Meditation Oasis. [...]

140. Maureen on July 15th, 2011 12:28 am

Mary, I have been suffering panic attacks lately & by chance I found your podcast & downloaded some of the meditation episodes. I have found them of great benefit.

141. July IUI Cycle Group - Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) Forums on July 16th, 2011 6:51 am

[...] and dealing with anxiety, etc. These can be found on iTunes for free or at the following website: Meditation Oasis Podcast — listen to free guided meditations with music | Meditation Oasis Finally, I'm in love with the radio show "Redefining Fertility" by Sue Dumais. It's all [...]

142. Mary on July 17th, 2011 8:49 am

That’s good to hear, Maureen. Thank you for sharing your experience.

143. Tools to Give Up Dieting | head ♥ heart ♥ health on August 1st, 2011 10:58 pm

[...] For free guided meditation I recommend Meditation Oasis. [...]

144. Kathryn on August 19th, 2011 12:11 pm

Your meditations have inspired me in dark times and sustained me in good times. Thank you.

145. Jennifer Kirk on August 31st, 2011 11:37 am

Mary you got a beautiful soothing voice. I just came out of hospital with liver faikure i am still at acdangerouscstage but your meditation brought me through the fatal stage and helped me back on the road to recovery i also suffer alot of pain from few auto immune disease such as lupus and others and the pain one is a mircle one also the deep breathing .I had to come of16 dangerous drugs andci swear i wouldn’t have done it without your help i can’t thank you enough
    from sunshine coast australia

146. Mary on August 31st, 2011 6:02 pm

Jennifer, this is so inspiring to hear. Thank you so much for sharing your story. You are very welcome and we wish you well for your full recovery.

147. Tunde on October 14th, 2011 5:22 am

Hello Mary, just wanted to say that your guided meditations have affected my life in a very positive way. I wake up every morning and choose the guided meditation that best suits what I need to work on most at the moment. You always have the right words at the right time to redirect my focus and help me let go of my resistance during the meditation. I’m truly grateful for your service.

148. Mary on October 14th, 2011 9:46 am

You are welcome, Tunde. Thanks for commenting — I’m so glad the meditations are helping!

149. Vivi on November 8th, 2011 9:46 pm

Dear Mary Maddox, I came across your meditations through the iTunes podcast while searching for guided meditations and yours are by far the most pleasant to listen to, your voice is very soothing. Thank you for your excellent work.

150. Mary on November 9th, 2011 9:57 am

You are welcome, Vivi. So glad you found us and are enjoying the meditations.

151. brad gall on November 26th, 2011 7:13 am

Really would appreciate more meditations addressing pain management (for cancer patients like my Mom) for those who are suffering severe pain to compliment other medical treatments and medications (she is at the point where moriphine isn’t working). This would be most beneficial asap since i think it would give people some variety beyond the one “pain” meditation already recorded.

152. Mary on November 26th, 2011 10:26 am

Thank you for the suggestion, Brad. We’re sorry to hear your mothering is suffering such pain. There are other meditations already in the podcast which can help with pain — Breath Awareness, Emotional Flow, for example. We will certainly add this request to our list of requests, but will probably not be able to fulfill it very soon. And actually, repeating the same meditation many times can be very useful as it helps you to shift patterns.

153. Eric on December 17th, 2011 10:02 pm

Mary, thank you so much for everything. I am an 18 year old boy and I live to listen to these. I love your voice and just everything. Thank you!

154. Mary on December 18th, 2011 10:38 am

Eric, you are very, very welcome — thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you are enjoying the podcast!

155. Anthony on January 7th, 2012 4:37 pm

I have started using your guided meditations to help me cope with recent emotional trauma, depression and anxiety which were taking over my life. Through you guided meditations, I am beginning to find peace within myself. Thank you.

156. Mary on January 7th, 2012 4:46 pm

You are very welcome, Anthony. It’s good to hear that you are finding peace. We wish you well.

157. stress spelled backward makes no sense « without denouement on January 28th, 2012 4:51 pm

[...] who run Meditation Oasis (right near me in Sonoma, actually!). I have been listening to their Meditation Oasis podcasts for a very long time now. My favorite to listen to at bedtime is the Deep Rest Guided Meditation. I [...]

158. Stephanie on February 1st, 2012 8:39 am

Mary and Richard,
    Thank you so much for sharing your work in the podcasts, which I have been using frequently since my surgery three weeks ago. The healing theme meditations are so helpful. And here is a request: would you be willing to consider creating a podcast on a learning theme? I am a student and this would be helpful for me. Thank you!
    Stephanie in Durango, CO

159. Mary on February 1st, 2012 7:21 pm

You are welcome, Stepahnie. We keep a list of requests and try, when possible, to create some of the suggested meditations. Please elaborate on what you mean by a learning meditation.

160. Anthony on February 28th, 2012 12:51 am

Hi,
    I suffer from severe panic disorder and I just love relax / falling asleep to your meditations, I love the podcast ”music for mediation and relaxation” can you please make more of these, and do you have anything else that fits this category.

161. Mary on February 28th, 2012 10:07 am

Anthony, we’re so glad the podcast is helping you. More of Richard’s music is available in our online shop or at iTunes. There are two albums of music — Pure Light and Sleep Oasis. Both can be purchased as mp3 downloads, and Pure Light is also available as a CD. Also, if you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or an Android device, there is an app called “Attunement – Music to Upgrade Your Life” which also has Richard’s music.

162. Be Free: Leave Your Worries Behind – Tips to Help You Stress Less | hello beauty! on March 14th, 2012 7:01 am

[...] my mind from wandering. I highly recommend meditations guided by Mary and Richard Maddux and their Meditation Oasis podcast, which includes several meditations you can listen to for [...]

163. Pieter on April 23rd, 2012 10:19 am

Hello Mary and Richard,

I had an Burn out now.
    But you Podcast help me to relaxt. The exersiese Deep Rest work fot me the best. Now I can sleep with no pills.
    thank you.

blessed be Pieter

164. Mary on April 23rd, 2012 10:55 am

Pieter, we’re so glad the podcast has helped you relax and sleep. How wonderful! You are welcome, and thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

165. Malinda on April 30th, 2012 3:42 pm

I’ve been listening to your podcasts for a couple of weeks now and I am loving them. I use them morning and night and they have helped me to feel clear, open, receptive and relaxed. Thank you so much for providing these meditations!

166. Mary on April 30th, 2012 4:40 pm

You are very welcome, Malinda. Glad you’re getting so much benefit from the meditations!

167. craige moore on May 6th, 2012 6:34 pm

I am really enjoying your podcasts. One thing: the Going Deep Within one from 4/6/07 cuts out just before I think it is supposed to naturally end.

168. Mary on May 7th, 2012 8:49 am

Craige, glad you are enjoying the podcast. Just checked Going Deep Within. You’re right – it cuts the last word, “slowly”, short. We’ll look into fixing that. Thanks for letting us know!

169. 5 Five Easy Ways To Help Caregivers Alleviate Stress | The Caregiver's Corner | San Diego Hospice on May 16th, 2012 9:04 am

[...] decrease stress. If you are new to meditation, you can start with guided meditation through online podcasts or a local [...]

170. Cookie on June 23rd, 2012 11:11 am

Hi Mary,

I never thought I’d post anything actually, but I’ve been doing the meditations now for a few weeks on and off, but twice a day for the past 3 days. It has really brought me back down to earth, and I do thank you with the bottom of my heart.
    I had lost that sense of self over the past few years, and the podcasts have such a great balance of meditation aspects for recovering that self, especially to be able to ‘flow with the change’ and not judge, resist, or fight for it – Feels that noticing that change has been holding me back quite a bit!

Wishing you all the best!

171. Mary on June 24th, 2012 9:00 am

Cookie, you are so very welcome. How wonderful to come back to yourself. Best wishes!

172. Marie Austin on July 17th, 2012 4:25 am

Mary,
    First I must say thank you for your Meditation podcast. I am in my 3rd treatment for cancer. For several years now I have also been consumed w/caring for my elderly mother who has dementia. I believe stress allowed the cancer to return.

I now meditate in the morning. As a result I am less intense and am so pleased I have gotten results in such a short time. (less than 2 months)

I recently attempted to use #28 Intuitive Self-Healing and was unable to open it.

Please help me. Is it no longer available as a podcast or is there a way to purchase it? Is there another healing meditation that I could benefit from?

173. Mary on July 17th, 2012 9:19 am

You are welcome, Marie. It’s good to hear that the meditations are helping at such a stressful time in your life. Please try playing #28 again. We just tested it and it seems to be working. Another possibility is that you could listen to the podcast on iTunes. Best wishes.

174. Adrian on August 21st, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Mary,
    I found your website last week and tried a few of your meditation podcasts. I must say they are wonderful and very effective. I had never felt such a profound effect after just one session. Your voice is so soothing and perfect. Thank you for providing the podcasts. I have made an observation and wanted to share it with you to see what you think about it. Within a minute or two into the meditation, I find myself salivating more and my head starts to ever so gently bob. Is this something you have seen or heard of before? Any thoughts on this? Thank you.

175. Top five free meditation resources on the web « Azul Yoga & Pilates Blog on August 22nd, 2012 5:12 am

[...] are lots of high-quality free guided meditations on the web. Meditation Oasis creates guided meditations to help with a variety of problems and to cultivate specific mental states. Try everything from [...]

176. Mary on August 22nd, 2012 9:53 am

Adrian, you are welcome. Although I can never say for sure what various responses to meditation mean, I can offer some possibilities. Stress and tension can cause the mouth to be more dry, and so when you relax in meditation, the saliva may begin to flow. As for the head bobbing, this could also represent a release in tension. You might be interested in my blog post on Body Movements in Meditation. Of course if you find your head bobs outside of meditation, you can check with your doctor about that.

177. Cooking for your mind, body, soul and Foodstinct | foodstinct.com on September 7th, 2012 11:59 pm

[...] the “body awarness meditiation” on the Meditation Oasis’s podcast. It’s a great place to start to see that your experience is not just your mind. The whole [...]

178. Hypothalamic Amenorrhea (PREG, M/C, CHILDREN MENT'D) - Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Forums on October 28th, 2012 7:23 pm

[...] generic meditations on various topics (including health and pregnancy) & of various lengths: Meditation Oasis Podcast — listen to free guided meditations with music | Meditation Oasis My Thought Coach has a bunch of free guided meditations, grouped by category, from health, anxiety [...]

179. Cady on November 4th, 2012 7:52 am

Mary – I have been trying to meditate for the past few months and it had been difficult. After experiencing a very negative emotional month, I stumbled upon your website. I want to thank you so much for this wonderful service. I’ve only been at it for a few days but I am already much calmer and happier for it! Your voice and instruction are inspiring.

Which meditation(s) do you recommend to heal the heart and soul from the loss of a relationship? Also, which meditation(s) do you recommend to assist in changing negative outlooks into positive ones?

Cady

180. Mary on November 4th, 2012 11:48 am

Cady, you are very welcome. It’s great that you are benefitting so much from meditation. The Guided Meditation for Grief is especially for loss. We don’t have a specific meditation for changing negative outlooks into positive ones, but the guided meditation for Gratitude might help with that. It always counters a negative outlook to remind ourselves of what we have to be grateful for.

181. Clara Thore on February 28th, 2013 8:05 pm

I had such trouble getting to sleep that my doctor prescribed sleeping meds to use every day and even they didn’t always work. I started listening to your podcast meditations to go to sleep in the fall and have not had to take the pills since! In the first five min of the meditation I have often drifted off! Thank you! And my doctor is delighted also. Recommending Meditation Oasis to anyone who will listen.

182. Mary on March 1st, 2013 9:50 am

What good news, Clara! Thank you for letting us know and best wishes to you.

183. Linda on March 2nd, 2013 5:09 pm

Hello Mary and Richard

At last I have made time to send my sincere THANK YOU for the meditation podcast you have provided. My Mum passed away last April after a long illness (Alzheimers Disease). I helped Dad and Carers to look after her, listening to your podcasts helped me to remain calm when I needed to, helped me to relax when I needed to, the benefit of this was passed on to Mum during my time with her. They continue to help me to carry on with the flow of life and change, to heal me both emotionally and physically. You truly are inspirational people to share these wonderful meditations with us. It is very much appreciated. Linda

184. Mary on March 3rd, 2013 10:28 am

Linda, Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, and you are very welcome. I’m so glad that the meditations helped you to take care of your mother and with your ongoing self care. It’s very inspiring to hear this!

185. 21 Days | Just Jill on March 11th, 2013 10:21 pm

[...] never meditated before and need an easy introduction I highly recommend the guided meditations by Meditation Oasis. Her voice is soothing and you can find a meditation to fit your desired length of sitting. Try [...]

186. Fred on March 15th, 2013 3:13 pm

I have listened to your healing meditation podcast twice
    with the same result. It relaxed me so much that I
    fell asleep both times before it completed. I’m not worried though because my wife tells me that my subconsious
    is still listening and that i am receiving the full benefits.

Is this true? Oh, I do not drive while listening.

187. Mary on March 15th, 2013 5:03 pm

Yes, Fred, very true. And if you fall asleep, that’s what you need!

188. Jessica on March 28th, 2013 10:41 am

I have been going through a lot at work and haven’t been able to sleep well for a while now. Last night I did your “Let it be” meditation from your podcast before going to bed and slept like a baby! Woke up refreshed and relaxed. Thank you!

189. Mary on March 29th, 2013 9:26 am

I am so happy to hear this, Jessica! You are welcome!

190. Useful tools for leadership, or just being organised! | Just sayin' on April 3rd, 2013 1:56 am

[...] Meditation Oasis – the ‘Deep Rest’ podcast and some of the other guided meditations have made beginner meditation easier. It’s quite a personal experience, so this one might not be your cup of tea, but experiment. There are some fantastic guided meditation podcasts out there. [...]

191. MMB on April 21st, 2013 6:02 pm

I downloaded your podcast on my 6 year old daughter’s ipod but tonight the battery was dead. She grew up meditating and absolutely insisted on hearing you before bed. Thank goodness for our other devices. I knew it would do your heart good to hear of your impact on a child. The best part is when I found you for her on my phone I realized that you are the one listen to as well! Thank you for all you do!

192. Mary on April 22nd, 2013 9:45 am

You are so welcome, MMB, and it DOES do my heart good to hear this. Big love to you and your daughter!

193. Diane on April 22nd, 2013 12:29 pm

since listening to your meditation each morning I have become a lot calmer and at peace.

194. Mary on April 23rd, 2013 8:45 am

That’s great to hear, Diane! You are welcome.

195. Patrick on May 16th, 2013 6:17 pm

I have just seen your meditation app today. I used to medidate alot but sadly I have neglected it. I already feel a difference. Thanks :-)

196. Mary on May 17th, 2013 9:21 am

Patrick, you are welcome. Great that you are already noticing a difference. With regular meditation, you should continue to feel more :)

197. Michele on June 4th, 2013 5:30 am

Your podcasts have helped me a great deal, and have taught me how to quiet my mind. If I might make a request, would you please do an episode on healing the mind/brain? There are many people who suffer from flattened affect because of mental illness and/or brain injuries who could use your podcasts to help in rewiring their minds.

198. Mary on June 4th, 2013 8:51 am

We welcome all requests, Michele, and will add this to our list. I’m glad to hear the meditations are helping you!

199. Stephen Harris on June 5th, 2013 10:48 am

Do you run weekend or week long meditation retreats at your home base or other location

200. Mary on June 7th, 2013 9:35 am

Stephen, we don’t run any retreats at present. If we do in the future, we will announce it on this website, our Facebook page, Twitter and on the podcast.

201. pandu on June 23rd, 2013 6:19 am

I tried first few pod casts, feels good, thanks for these.I have a question, why u giving these free of cost. I guess these has to be come with some price.Any way THANKS.

202. Mary on June 24th, 2013 9:51 am

pandu, you are welcome!

203. Teri Sims on July 4th, 2013 11:20 pm

I have been extremely stressed lately. Your podcasts have really helped me with insomnia. Thank you!!!

204. Mary on July 5th, 2013 12:48 pm

I’m so glad to hear that, Teri. You are welcome!

205. Sharon on July 15th, 2013 1:49 am

Thank you so much for putting together the website and podcasts. I have downloaded the App on my iPad. Such a wealth of subjects for meditation, all beautifully thought out and delivered. I began meditating last year but it is only since discovering Meditation Oasis that I have been able to meditate more deeply and with increasing success.

206. Mary on July 15th, 2013 12:11 pm

Sharon, I’m happy to hear that you are enjoying meditation, and that our website and podcast meditations have helped.You are so welcome!

207. Pauline on August 2nd, 2013 2:53 am

Thank you so much for your incredible generosity making meditation so accessible to everyone through your wonderful podcasts.

Six weeks ago I was diagnosed with a bowel cancer. I was fortunate to discover your site and used the podcasts from that moment as part of my healing. I intuitively selected whichever seemed most appropriate in the moment, revisited some and others I played twice through. I recorded them to an Ipod for use during my hospital stay for surgery, and continued them at home during recovery too.

They are simply stunning and I totally love it that each one gives ‘permission’ for things to be as they are, that there are no right ways and no wrong ways.

I know they contributed significantly to my healing and of course I continue to use them and to share them with others. My cancer was removed and I need no further treatment. In the short space of six weeks I had my life turned upside down and right side up again.

Thank you both so very much. The music is so very haunting and so perfect an accompaniment to your words.

208. Mary on August 2nd, 2013 9:14 am

Hello Pauline, you are more than welcome. How fulfilling for us to feel that our meditations and music have been so helpful to you. We are going to share some of what you’ve seen on our Facebook page — it may be inspiring and helpful to others. All the best to you…

209. Krystal on November 17th, 2013 11:15 pm

Hello Mary,
    I just want to say that I stumbled upon your podcasts and am more than pleased with them.
    I’ve been doing a different one each day the past few days (depending on what I feel I need to embody or work on) and it’s been absolutely wonderful.
    I especially like your heart opening and nature meditations.
    I’m quite sure I’ll continue to use them as they really work for me!

Thank you for providing these freely for us all to enjoy :)

210. Mary on November 18th, 2013 10:11 am

You are very welcome, Krystal. I’m so glad you’ve been enjoying the meditations. Daily meditation makes such a difference, doesn’t it!?

211. Rob on November 19th, 2013 10:08 am

Hello Mary,

I lost my daughter earlier this year and I am finding the greiving process very difficult. A friend suggested that meditation might help. I have never meditated before and find it difficult to shut-off my thoughts especially in the last few months. Do you think meditation could help me cope/manage my grief?

212. Mary on November 19th, 2013 10:24 am

Hello Rob, I am so sorry for your loss. Many people have been helped by meditation. An easy way to try would be to listen to guided meditations. We have over free guided meditations to choose from in our podcast on the Listen to Our Podcast page. You might start with a meditation like “Breath Awareness” or “Simply Being” and see if you like them. If ours don’t work for you, there are lots of others to be found with different voices and styles. Wishing you the best in your journey through grief.

213. Mark Hovis on December 22nd, 2013 7:46 am

Hi Mary, your meditations are the BEST! You have such a great voice and the cadence of your meditations is perfect. The down side is I can’t listen to anyone else now, I’ve not found anyone else who compares!

214. Mary on December 23rd, 2013 11:26 am

So glad my meditations work so well for you, Mark. Sorry about the downside ;-)

215. Amie on January 2nd, 2014 5:40 pm

Really calms you down;) Also makes you feel like you are in a different world:) Helps calm kids down

216. Mary on January 3rd, 2014 10:50 am

Good to hear, Amie!

217. Anissa on January 18th, 2014 6:01 am

Hi Mary,
    I’ve been a subscriber to your meditations for a couple years now. I’d like you to know how much they’ve guided me through the toughest mental challenges in my young adult life. It has been so comforting to know that if I am struggling to meditate on my own from time to time that I have your podcasts ready to go, especially when taking breaks from work, study and other pressures.
    Thank you again.

218. Mary on January 19th, 2014 10:40 am

Anissa, how fulfilling to hear this. I’m honored and pleased to have played this role for you. It’s wonderful that you have made meditation a regular part of your life. You are so very welcome. All the best to you!

219. Ivana Martin on March 27th, 2014 11:58 am

Hi Mary
    I am looking for a podcast for kindergarten (5-6 yr old) to assist with concentration and learning that I could use in the morning to start the day. Some of the podcasts I’ve looked at are more for teenagers and use vocabulary that a kindergartener wouldn’t understand. I used the Sleep Meditation for Children on my son and it worked a treat. Also, are there podcasts that are suitable in different age brackets so I could use as my child gets older.

220. Mary on March 30th, 2014 10:17 am

Hi Ivana, the Sleep Meditation for Children is the only podcast meditation we have done for young children. We have the intention to create an app for children, but that will not be for awhile. I have heard from a couple of parents of 6 year olds that their children listen to some of our other podcast meditations. It would depend a lot on the particular child and you would need to try some out with your child.

221. Marie Harp on June 5th, 2014 1:10 am

Dear Mary and Richard,

Your podcasts continue to form the backbone of my practice. Thank you for creating and sharing them with us all.

Most recently in my life, I have had to temporarily stop doing something I loved in order to care for an aging and ailing relative. This change has bought its share of pain and of joy, as being a full time carer is physically and emotional a journey of lows and highs.

Would you two consider creating a podcast that focusses on caring for another person who is sick? Letting the resentment fall away at the time/energy it takes and looking to understand and accept without hurt the fear and anger that may drive the actions and words of the sick person.

As I mentioned it isn’t all about lows, there have been many moments of genuine empathy and sharing between carer and caree (is that a word?).

Across the world so many people care for their loved ones on a short term or long term basis. From my experiences with a local carer support group, your podcasts would be a welcome addition to those already issued.

Marie

222. Mary on June 5th, 2014 10:59 am

Dear Marie, You are so welcome. We are pleased that the podcast has supported you with your meditation. This is a wonderful idea for a meditation, and we will add it to the list of requests. There are so many people in your situation, and caregiving is so very demanding. I will give this one a priority.

223. Rebecca on August 27th, 2014 8:04 pm

Mary,

Thank you for guiding me into a happier, healthier place by making such wonderful guided meditations. Not only did your meditations helped me get me through a hard time in my life, but have continued to teach me to experience the beauty of meditation on a deeper level. I truly appreciate it!

R

224. Mary on August 28th, 2014 10:28 am

You are so very welcome, Rebecca. How wonderful to hear this. We so appreciate your taking the time to let us know!

225. Patrick on August 29th, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi Mary, do you have a particular podcast that is suited to letting go of deeply rooted religious fears put upon me when a child? I have begun with one about letting go in general. Thank you.

226. Mary on August 29th, 2014 4:24 pm

Patrick, that’s a good one. You can do it with the intention of letting go of those fears when they come up. By meditating regularly, you will become more relaxed and your awareness will expand and you will experience more inner freedom. That plus fear in general being reduced will help you feel more free of deeply rooted beliefs that do not serve you. They will have less power over you. Best wishes.

227. Patrick on August 30th, 2014 1:15 pm

Thank you, Mary. Best wishes to you and yours too.