About

About the Website

The inspiration to create this website came from the overwhelmingly positive response to our Meditation Oasis podcast.  As we began to see how easily people were beginning to meditate and the positive impact it was having in their lives, we looked for more ways to support their experience with meditation.

Our Online Meditation Course distills the essence of everything we’ve learned about meditation for those who want to learn to meditate on their own. It’s inspiring to know that meditation is so natural that it can be learned online!

As people share their experiences with us and request additional content, we continue to stretch the boundaries of what Meditation Oasis has to offer. Although many people report getting significant anxiety relief from our meditations alone, we were receiving many requests for something special for anxiety. In response to that, we’ve developed a special program, At Ease – Anxiety & Worry Relief – which has a journaling and exercises in addition to meditation.

Our Smartphone Applications are our latest offering for meditation, relaxation and wellness. Apps can include many features that are not possible on a podcast, CD or even an online program. Our Online Meditation Course and At Ease Program are both available as apps, along with many others.

Our path with meditation –

It seems like we’ve been exploring the world of meditation forever. We began practicing, then teaching, meditation in a very specific style. We thought we knew what meditation was, and the best way to do it. Over the years we’ve explored many forms of meditation, as well as other spiritual practices and the healing arts. We’ve found there are innumerable ways to enter a meditative state and to experience the benefits of meditation. Our understanding of meditation has expanded to the point where we see all of life as meditation.

Our meditation CDs have been an unexpected and fulfilling gift in our lives. Our first CD was recorded at the request of students, and one thing led to another. By now, we’ve heard from people all over the world who have used our CDs. We’ve been amazed by how many people the podcast has reached, and we are continually inspired by the heart-warming comments we receive. Our smartphone apps have now expanded our reach even further.

We’ve led guided meditations for years and know the meditations arise from the energy of the group. We’re eager to see what happens as we continue to explore our inner and outer worlds through meditation with our ever-expanding group of meditators.

These meditations are about you… We hesitate to write a lot “about us”. These meditations are all about you. We thank you for joining us!

Wishing you a peaceful mind and an open heart…

Mary & Richard

About Mary and Richard Maddux

Mary Maddux, MS, HTP and Richard Maddux bring over 30 years of meditation practice and teaching to the creation of their guided meditations and music. In addition to teaching meditation, Mary has worked in both conventional and alternative settings as a counselor and healing arts practitioner. Richard has played and composed music all of his life. His music is composed especially for meditation, relaxation and healing.

Comments

104 Responses to “About”

1. Titos on October 22nd, 2008 10:54 pm

Gracias

2. Jade Jenkins on November 12th, 2008 8:22 pm

Thank you so much for sharing these podcasts! My doctor has been trying to teach me to meditate for some time and I was finding it really difficult on my own. Your website has been amazing! My IBS and anxiety has decreased in just a few days from relaxing and meditating!

3. Mary on November 13th, 2008 10:22 am

You are so welcome, Jade. It’s so inspiring to hear your story! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

4. Benjamin on February 9th, 2009 2:17 pm

Wow, what a beautiful gift you have given. I am soothed by these teachings, I hope the blessings that you have given to me are reflected back to you many times over! I look forward to your 2009 guided meditations! Namaste!

5. Mary on February 9th, 2009 3:03 pm

Thank YOU, Ben!

6. Tiffany on March 11th, 2009 5:23 pm

I just found your podcast on iTunes today and I am simply speechless. These meditations are amazing. I’m a freshman in college and get barely enough sleep because of all the work I have. I found your “Deep Rest” Meditation extremely helpful today. I am delightfully shocked at how well it works. Thank you both, soooooo much!

7. Mary on March 12th, 2009 11:37 am

You are sooooooooo welcome, Tiffany! And we are sooooooo glad the podcast is helping. :-) College studies can be really stressful!

8. Theresa Stahl on April 16th, 2009 3:27 pm

Hello!
    I have recently purchased your Ease of Being CD and love it! We constantly have customers asking about guided meditation CD’s at our retail shop. (a fun mix of fantasy art, new age, and gifts) Do you offer quantity discounts or wholesale if we wanted to offer your CD’s to our customers? Just thought I would ask…thanks so much!
    Theresa Stahl
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho

9. Mary on April 16th, 2009 3:50 pm

Yes, Theresa, we offer wholesale prices. Will email you some details.

10. Jerry Anderson on May 4th, 2009 10:47 am

Mary,

If you want to add Facebook or email sharing buttons to your blog posts, there’s a plugin that does it for you:

Hope you find it helpful!

Cheers,
    Jerry

11. Mary on May 4th, 2009 11:09 am

Thanks for the tip, Jerry. Obviously I am not the most computer literate person around, so I really appreciate ideas like this!

12. Eric Whitesides on July 25th, 2009 3:23 pm

Thank You for all the great meditations. You have a wonderful and soothing voice, perfect for meditation. Have a blessed day.

13. Mary on July 26th, 2009 10:00 am

You’re welcome, Eric. Glad you’re enjoying the meditations!

14. Bill on September 1st, 2009 7:40 am

Your podcasts have really helped me through a tough time during the economic challenges of 2009. I bought a business this year and am working hard to keep it going, and your podcasts have helped me to get through the toughest financial times in my life and stress like I have never felt before. Your meditations are soothing and calming and have seen me through a lot. Thanks!

15. Mary on September 1st, 2009 9:41 am

These are challenging times, Bill, and we’re so glad the podcasts have helped. Good luck with your business, and you are very welcome.

16. grace Franklin on November 8th, 2009 8:12 pm

Dear Mary,
    Thank you for supporting people with the gift of online meditation resources. I practice in the Thich Nhat Hanh/Plum Village tradition of mindfulness. Your guided meditation on heart and body is lovely. I would like to play it for the women inmates who meet to meditate in Ohio Reformatory for Women. I am always looking for “practical” resources to include in our meetings, and your meditation would be very useful. Do you mind if I use it?
    My thanks, and a bow,
    Grace

17. Mary on November 9th, 2009 10:41 am

Grace, you are so welcome. Please feel free to play any of the meditations on the podcast to the women inmates. Please give them my very best wishes for their lives. My best to you and all of you associated with Plum Village.

18. Leanne on November 22nd, 2009 8:32 pm

I love your podcast. I listen to it every night before falling asleep. I know I’m supposed to be meditating but it really helps with the stress of graduate school so I will take any help getting to sleep that I can! Thanks SO much for your great work!!

19. Mary on November 23rd, 2009 12:01 pm

Leanne, you are welcome! Glad the podcast is helping. A lot of people use the meditations to fall asleep. Use them however you like — Meditation Oasis is all about freedom to find your own way and you own inner discovery.

20. Steve Goddard on December 10th, 2009 2:18 am

Thank you Mary, I have using your deep rest meditations to help me sleep for ages now and they work everytime!

21. Mary on December 10th, 2009 10:32 am

You are so welcome, Steve. We’re glad to hear that!!!

22. Sandra Bush on January 12th, 2010 6:50 pm

Your meditation podcasts have been a “life saver” for me. They have helped me find balance as I move through a stressful period of illness and grief. Thanks to you, I feel as though I’m finding my true self once again. God bless you for the gift you are sharing with the world.

23. Mary on January 13th, 2010 12:36 pm

Thank you so much, Sandra, for sharing this with us. It’s so fulfilling to hear that you’ve been helped so significantly, and especially “finding your true self once again”. We wish you the best as you move forward.

24. Caroline on April 2nd, 2010 8:46 am

I started meditation a year or so ago to find some peace from the incessant demands of information-overload in our wired world. When my employer provided us with Smart Phones I saw it as just one more intrusion. Then I discovered your podcasts and your wonderful Let It Be app. Out of all the meditation podcasts out there, yours is by far the best, I come back to you again and again. When I sit with Mary’s calming voice, all the cares of the day just fade away. THANK YOU!

25. Mary on April 2nd, 2010 9:08 am

You are so welcome, Caroline. I am always amazed that it’s possible to bring the meditative experience into the world through technology. I loved reading this — in the same technology that brings those “incessant demands”, there can be a island of peace. Glad the meditations are helping!

26. Meditation in a wired world | Meditation Oasis on April 2nd, 2010 4:08 pm

[...] meditation group is growing, all thanks to this “wired world”. Caroline left a wonderful comment on the website today. I wanted to share it here — I found it fascinating that she started [...]

27. Astrid on June 12th, 2010 8:19 am

Cant thank you enough for your podcasts… They are AWESOME!

28. Mary on June 12th, 2010 9:27 am

You are welcome, Astrid!

29. Jennifer L. Racine on June 15th, 2010 6:49 pm

I just wanted, like everyone else here, to thank you both so much for the great work you’re doing. Your wonderful podcasts have reawakened my interest in meditation, and in spirituality in general. I feel that you and my yoga teacher have helped me to pick up the inward journey I began as a teen, which I lost track of when my children were born. Now I look forward to introducing them to meditation, and I hope that your podcasts will become part of their journeys as well.

Namaste,
    Jennifer

30. Mary on June 18th, 2010 8:45 am

You are so welcome, Jennifer. Having children can be an huge part of ones spiritual path. I’d venture to say you didn’t really lose track of your inward journey, but it just took another form. It’s lovely, though, to come back to the more inner directed part of the journey in meditation. Lucky children that you can pass that on to them!

31. Debi Marriott on July 21st, 2010 1:03 pm

Do you have in person courses?

32. Mary on July 22nd, 2010 10:22 am

Debi, we don’t have any in person courses.

33. Sally on August 4th, 2010 9:42 pm

Hello,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful meditation podcasts. I’ve listened to many different hypnosis/meditation cd’s over the past few years, and I’ve learned from all of them. But your guided meditations take me into a deep space so easily and I am come out of them relaxed and at peace. I’m grateful and amazed that you share these with us for free. I would love to make a little contribution, just to thank you for that. Is there a way that I can do that on this website? Or if not, I’ll contribute some to your favorite charity.

Thank you for your wonderful work.

34. Mary on August 5th, 2010 11:31 am

You are welcome, Sally, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the meditations. We’re pleased you are enjoying them.

You can donate at this link: http://meditationoasis.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=donation
    Or if you prefer to send a check, instructions are on this page: http://www.meditationoasis.com/podcast/support-the-podcast/

35. Brooke C. on December 30th, 2010 10:31 am

Mary – I recently purchased your I-Phone App and have been using it every night for the last 2 weeks with the deep rest guide. I thank you so much….your soothing voice is helping me get some much needed rest!

36. Mary on December 30th, 2010 11:04 am

Good news, Brooke! You are very welcome.

37. Lisa on January 20th, 2011 12:27 pm

Dear Mary,

I have been listening to your your podcast on my ipod for the past three years and it has made an enormous difference in my state of mind. You are truly gifted with a loving voice and the ability to give the right cues at the right time. Thank you!

38. Mary on January 20th, 2011 4:48 pm

You are very welcome, Lisa. So glad the podcast is making a difference. Thank YOU for your openness — that’s what makes it work!

39. Lillian H. on February 21st, 2011 5:28 pm

I want to thank you for your podcast. I have been experiencing acute anxiety for the past month and a half and your meditations have been a great comfort on a daily basis. Sometimes I sit and meditate, and other times I just have it playing in the background as I do chores around the house. It reminds me to slow down and trust and relax into the moment. I’m learning to be gentle and loving with myself and and your meditations are perfect for encouraging that process. Very gentle and self-affirming.

thank you!!!

40. Mary on February 21st, 2011 6:14 pm

Lillian, you are welcome, and thank YOU for sharing your experience with the meditations. I’m so glad you’re learning to be gentle and loving with yourself — this is something so many of us need to learn. Good news!

41. Diana on February 26th, 2011 1:16 pm

Several of my best-loved meditations are suddenly missing when I sync. “Music for mediation and Relaxation” and “Beyond Pain.” Sad to see them go! I love the “Deep Rest” guide.

Thanks for all you do!

42. Mary on February 26th, 2011 2:00 pm

You are welcome, Diana. None of the meditations have been removed from the podcast. Must be a temporary glitch with iTunes or our syndicator. You can always access the meditations on the Listen to Our Podcast page of this website.

43. Alexis B on March 11th, 2011 9:23 pm

Your podcast has brought me back to my practice, which I abandoned over ten years ago. I have also used TM, Zen Buddhist, chanting, and Yogic forms of meditation. There is something extra special in your guided meditations that calls to me everyday now. Thank-you both, so very much, for making the free podcast available to all. Peace.

44. Mary on March 12th, 2011 11:02 am

It’s great to hear that you are meditating again, Alexis. Thank you for your kind words, and you are so very welcome. We’re so glad you’re enjoying the meditations.

45. Jonathan on March 19th, 2011 3:47 am

Hi, I recently purchased your I pad app and have found it very helpful. Thank you.

46. Mary on March 19th, 2011 8:30 am

You are welcome, Jonathan!

47. Sheila on April 5th, 2011 10:17 pm

Thank you so much for your podcasts, your voice, music and guided meditations are such a deep blessing to me. I am very grateful for your generosity. Many blessings to you both, thank you :)

48. Strala Yoga on May 11th, 2011 5:59 pm

[...] app, you have the option listen to the meditation with or without music. Application created by Meditation Oasis for [...]

49. Pauline on September 7th, 2011 5:46 am

So pleased to have found your website. Thank you for the beautiful podcasts which have added so much to my spiritual journey.

50. Mary on September 7th, 2011 8:54 am

Pauline, you are very welcome! Thank you for exploring the website.

51. Vibhav Gupta on October 31st, 2011 12:48 am

I am so glad I discovered this. This is truly an amazing thing you guys share with the world! Thank you so much!

52. Mary on October 31st, 2011 8:49 am

You are so welcome, Vibhav!

53. Nick on November 2nd, 2011 7:42 pm

One deep breath can change the world, so I believe that your guided meditations have changed the universe.
    Thanks for this gift!

54. Mary on November 3rd, 2011 9:24 am

You are welcome, Nick! Thank YOU for “breathing deeper”!

55. Kathryn on December 31st, 2011 1:00 pm

I work in an environment which is very intense and stressful in the moment. The business is not run very well (we are not given much support), but for the time being I am staying because I do not want to be without income. I find myself listening to hours of your podcasts before hand which put me calm and relaxed state beforehand , but once I am in the environment I am stressed. Are there any techniques to get me through my most uncomfortably intense moments while I am in them?

56. Mary on January 1st, 2012 2:30 pm

Kathryn, if you get breaks, you can listen to the Work Break podcast meditation. It’s short. Also, try belly breathing when you start to feel stressed — take some slow, deep breaths into the belly.

57. Annie on January 18th, 2012 11:17 pm

Your podcasts and meditations have gotten me through some really rough times in my life. My best friend recently passed away, and I listen to a podcast you had on grief, and it so helped. My friend’s voice was so soothing, like you and she was so tender and loving. You remind me of her with your kind way of talking and I first listened to you right around the time I lost her in life at a much too young passing. I can’t tell you how much you helped me. Something about meditating with your voice seems to remind me of my friend and how she would want me to go on and live in a spirtual sense. Meditating sort of detaches me from the physical world, and lets me live in the spirit, if that makes any sense and I always come out of it feeling a great deal of peace and knowing that my friend isn’t gone, but her energy lives on in another form. I hope this isn’t making you feel uneasy. It is just hard to explain, but I feel closer to my friend and your voice is so soothing as hers was when she was with me, always encouraging me to live in the moment, in the now, and to not stress over the little things. You just remind me so much of her spirit and her love and I finally got through the grieving process with so much help from your podcasts. God Bless you, and keep you!

58. Mary on January 19th, 2012 5:41 pm

Annie, what a painful loss, and you moved through it with such presence. I’m so glad my voice and meditations helped you connect with the energy of your friend. This doesn’t make me feel uneasy at all, just grateful that you shared your experience. All the best to you.

59. Valerie on January 23rd, 2012 11:13 am

I originally became familiar with your work years ago through your Sleep Easy mediation, which helped me get through a time when my anxiety disorder was particularly bad and was keeping me from sleeping well. I meditated a lot during that time period, but gradually fell out of the habit as things improved. During a recent year-long struggle with major depression, it became clear that I desperately needed to return to the practice. I went straight to iTunes and searched for your podcasts, which have been a godsend. The vocalizations and music are a perfect combination to help me achieve the state of focus, clarity and peace that I need, regardless of what specific goal I am working toward. I can’t thank you enough for your work!

60. Mary on January 25th, 2012 11:44 am

You are so very welcome, Valerie. We’re grateful our meditations and music have been of help to you. Thank you for letting us know. We wish you all the best.

61. anja on February 18th, 2012 4:53 am

Thanks so much for these meditations! This is the 1st kind of meditation cd/app that I look forward to every day, your voice Mary is sooooo relaxing, i agree with what I’ve read in the other comments; the best voice for guided meditation i have ever heard :)
    The music is also truly wonderful. I tend to be really good at worrying and have dealt with heavy anxiety in my life. Yet i’ve also always felt like there must be a deeper more intuitive part of me i could access to be able to trust in life more, and just feel a sense of love instead of fear throughout the day. Your meditations have really helped me access that place much better, when I get stressed out about something I now know that there IS a peaceful place inside myself. Thanks SO much :)

62. Mary on February 18th, 2012 7:45 pm

Anja, you and SO welcome. This is wonderful to hear. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

63. melinda alston on February 20th, 2012 10:38 am

Thank you so much for these meditations. These are the best on the web. You provide very simple verbal guidance that is very easy to follow – nothing to get “caught” on – other meditions make suggestions that then are in conflict with what I am visualizing or doing. the flow is interrupted. Not with yours… thank you so much

64. Mary on February 20th, 2012 8:33 pm

Melinda, you are very welcome. We’re glad you are enjoying the meditations!

65. jurek on March 26th, 2012 11:41 pm

I was recently on the lookout for the guide imagery for self-healing and found couple of sites, including yours. They seem to share the approach you so nicely put in the following words:

“Finally, the guided meditation encourages you to allow everything to come into your awareness that needs healing. The idea isn’t to start thinking about it and analyzing it, but to simply experience it. Our attention is a beam of intelligent energy. Simply having something in our awareness brings energy to it. It may be a situation, an emotion or something in the body that needs healing. The meditation encourages you to simply allow yourself to experience whatever needs to be healed without judgment. In this way you hold a compassionate space for yourself to heal.”

Your expression “our attention is a beam of intelligent energy” became my life mantra. Thanks for clarity and well-wishing attitude.

66. Mary on March 27th, 2012 10:30 am

Jurek, you are welcome. Sometimes a particular concept can have such a profound effect, and I’m glad you were able to pick up on this and use it. It has also meant a lot to me! Best wishes.

67. Ame on May 28th, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi Mary,
    Your guided meditation is very good. I heard that being vegetarian as well as not eating garlic and onion can help in meditation. How is this so?

68. Mary on May 28th, 2012 5:18 pm

Ame, there are some traditions that say vegetarianism and avoiding onions and garlic helps meditation. Garlic and onions are thought to be grounding and possibly dull the mind, but even if that is the case, some people need grounding! My feeling is that finding a diet that is suitable to you and helps you to be balanced will be the best diet for meditation. Everyone has very different needs.

69. Catherine on September 24th, 2012 11:13 pm

Thank-you so much Mary and Richard for your podcasts and iPhone apps.
    I have found them both to be so calming and refreshing.
    I listen to the podcasts before bed if I have trouble getting to sleep, and the ‘Take a Break’ app at work, particularly if i’m feeling tension.
    I often suffer from headaches and jaw tension, and your guided meditations offer some relief from stress and soreness.
    I am very greatful that you offer these for free, and I will continue using your apps and podcasts for as long as you offer them.

70. Mary on September 25th, 2012 9:21 am

You are welcome, Catherine. We really appreciate your taking the time to comment and let us know that the meditations are helping. Hearing this inspires us!

71. Alain on October 17th, 2012 10:24 am

Dear Mary,
    You have the most friendly, caring and beautifull voice.
    I am a tv producer from the Netherlands and very often I listen to your podcasts when I have stress or before I go to sleep. The way you say ” that’s fine” is so warm and comforting that it brings a smile on my face every time.
    Alain

72. Mary on October 19th, 2012 2:21 pm

Warmest regards back to you, Alain! Thank you for taking the time to make this lovely comment.

73. Lisa on December 1st, 2012 6:26 am

I have been using your mediation podcasts for relief of jaw and neck pain. They have helped greatly in dealing with the pain and falling asleep. I was wondering if you had any meditations to specifically help with ringing in the ears?
    Thank-you,
    Lisa

74. Mary on December 1st, 2012 3:23 pm

Lisa, I’m glad to hear the mediations are helping you and you are welcome. We don’t have a meditation for ringing in the ears. We can add it to our list of requests, but the list is very long. What you can do, however, is use the Beyond Pain Meditation, focusing on the ringing instead of pain (as if the ringing is the pain). I would probably use a similar approach to ringing in the ears as I do for pain…

75. Chad on December 24th, 2012 7:06 pm

Dear Mary,
    You have a very soothing voice…..I listen to your podcast regularly….it slows the time down…..the most important thing I have learned from listening to your podcast is to breathe….. !!!! In a hectic day sometimes I catch myself “breathing” and it brings smile on my face….Thank you for all you do…..You touch many people’s lives…

Chad

76. Mary on December 26th, 2012 10:31 am

Chad, you are welcome and thank you for your kind words. How wonderful that you catch yourself breathing like that. Listening regularly to the meditations really pays off! (Written with a smile on my face – :-) )

77. Kirsty on February 4th, 2013 6:43 pm

These podcasts truely are amazing, although i was wondering if you have a podcast aimed at relieving nightmares, i mainly use them to for that and 7/10 it works which for me is really good just for me to have found something that does actually help :) thankyou! :D

78. Mary on February 6th, 2013 12:28 pm

Kirsty, I’m so glad the podcasts are helping with your nightmares and you are so welcome! We do have an app especially for sleep which might help. It’s called iSleep Easy (app developer Meditation Oasis). It has a special meditation for waking up in the middle of the night feeling distressed, As well as many other meditations to help with sleep. It’s available on Apple and should be available on android phones and tablets in the near future.

79. madeine on February 13th, 2013 6:34 am

help this is a potentiall great app but I have downloaded it twice and paid for it twice and mary sounds like a chipmunk in outer space. Help. thank you

80. Mary on February 13th, 2013 7:02 pm

Madeline, Please look for an email about this!

81. Jill on March 5th, 2013 11:58 am

Hello and thank you so very much. I found your ipod casts at a very hard time in my life. I was going through acute benzodiazapem withdrawals after being prescribed them for 16 years and having severe side effects from the drug on my memory. I was accidently addicted to these meds and everytime I tried to wean off of them I had severe withdrawal symptoms. My new doc and I decided that I go through a medical detox which I did. I had no idea how bad the withdrawals were going to be. Severe anxiety, paranoia, deep depression, PTSD symptoms, just to name a few. Anyways I was not my normal self and had a hard time adjusting to the “brain injury like” symptoms and your ipod casts were the only thing that worked to calm me down. I cannot express my gratitude enough, it was a Godsend. I am now almost 4 months out from detox and feeling much more myself and still benefit greatly from the ipod casts. Thank you for helping me when nothing or no one else could.

~blessings

82. Mary on March 6th, 2013 12:28 pm

Jill, you are so very welcome. I am so grateful the podcast meditations have helped. I am very moved to read this — thank you so much for taking the time to share your story.

83. John Petricevic on April 14th, 2013 7:38 am

Hi Mary, Thank you so much for your wonderful gifts of guided meditation. I’ve been through a very difficult 7 year period in my life with a health crises and have wanted to meditate for years and have been unsuccessful until now. I meditate everyday with your sessions. Your beautifully produced work is wonderful as is your hypnotic voice which is perfectly suited to the task. Thank you for putting so much effort and most importantly not trying to monetize the project … It says a lot of you as a person! :-) For all the innumerable good it does world-wide I’m sure your karmic value has risen with it. Thank you again :-) John, Perth, Western Australia

84. John Petricevic on April 14th, 2013 7:41 am

PS. I was referring to your IOS Podcast downloads not that I wouldn’t mind paying for apps like iSleep Easy :-)

85. Mary on April 14th, 2013 9:13 am

Hi John, you are very welcome and thank you for your kind words.

86. Mary on April 14th, 2013 9:18 am

87. John Petricevic on April 14th, 2013 8:00 pm

Hi Mary, Just a random thought triggered by one of your earlier comments regarding your growing meditation group. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if via fairly simple, essentially anonymous technology (similar to current web analytics) that a little light would light up on a world map that visualised the active meditation group in real-time. Almost like a visualisation of a group consciousness as it’s happening. I’m sure it would be amazing to see how many people have been positively affected by your work and and how it is spreading across the world. Just a thought! :-) Regards John, Perth, Australia PS. Richard’s music is excellent.

88. Mary on April 15th, 2013 11:22 am

What a lovely thought, John! This gives me an idea for a meditation — a meditation where we visualize the group and connect with each other… Richard appreciates your appreciation of his music :)

89. John Petricevic on April 15th, 2013 5:46 pm

Awesome! Glad I could contribute :-)

90. Steven on June 19th, 2013 5:48 am

Hi Mary,

I just wanted to write a quick comment expressing my gratitude for the peace and fulfilment your guided meditations are helping to bring to my life. I suffer from anxiety, to the point that I was off work for a number of months unable to function without being consumed by panic. Your meditations, and your husband’s soothing music have played a large part in aiding my acceptance of my condition and living with it. I am now back at work and use the quick break for work or study podcast every day, along with a range of all the others.

I had a profound experience when performing the going deep meditation that is difficult to describe in words. I felt as though, for a brief second, I discovered an inner silence within myself, like a mill pond under a glowing full moon. I have never experienced anything like it, before or since but it felt like I had met my true self. This was a moving experience, thank you. You both have my eternal thanks for the remarkable pieces you have created and made available to us all.

91. Mary on June 19th, 2013 9:48 am

Steven, you are so very welcome. It’s very moving to read this and we are grateful that you took the time to share your experience with us. You write so beautifully about your experience with the Going Deep Within meditation. I am going to quote some of this on our Facebook page — it is so beautiful and inspiring!

92. Steven on June 20th, 2013 1:07 am

Thank you Mary, it is an honour. I was not aware of the Facebook page but have now “liked”. The image you have put to my words is perfect.

93. Jeremy on June 24th, 2013 8:49 pm

Mary, I wanted to personally say thank you for your work. For years, anxiety was a terrible burden that I thought I would never be able to shake. Your teachings have brought some much needed peace and healing to my life. What a blessing these have been for me. May you continue to keep touching and changing so many lives with your gifts. Thank you and God Bless!

94. Mary on June 25th, 2013 9:04 am

Thank you, Jeremy, for your message. It is so inspiring for us to hear this. You are so very welcome!

95. Josie on December 22nd, 2013 4:48 pm

I want to say thank you for making your meditations available. I have used and continue to use them to help me through some difficult times, and I just cannot express the healing and comforting I receive. I do them with my husband sometimes, they give him peace and bring us closer together.
    Thank you for all your work, the good you are doing is priceless!

96. Mary on December 23rd, 2013 11:27 am

You are so very welcome, Josie. It warms my heart to hear this! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

97. Andrew Limden on January 14th, 2014 4:09 pm

Just wanted to drop you a line to let u know how much I have enjoyed and learned from your heart felt podcasts. I am so impressed by your consistently thoughtful and reassuring presentation of a message and technique that is transparent but difficult to comprehend. The medium and message match just right! The music is understated and compliments the narration with intelligence and without “New Age” cliche.
    Thanks
    Andrew Linden

98. Mary on January 15th, 2014 12:02 pm

Andrew, we’re so glad you are enjoying the podcasts.We appreciate your thoughtful comments. If you are so inclined, would love to have you elaborate on the phrase “transparent but difficult to comprehend” :)

99. R. Medina on February 16th, 2014 5:18 pm

I recently suffered a concussion and could not tolerate light or noise while recovering. I found several of your apps which have helped me immensely. Your voice, music, and nature sounds were light enough to help me relax and sleep. Thank you.

100. Mary on February 17th, 2014 4:44 pm

You are so very welcome – we’re so glad the meditations helped!

101. Lacey on June 18th, 2014 11:54 am

I used to be the worst at meditation, but Mary you have the most relaxing voice I have ever heard. You make it so easy.

102. Mary on June 19th, 2014 12:18 pm

I’m so happy to hear this, Lacey. Thanks for letting me know! It’s great that you are meditating now.

103. Alex on August 9th, 2014 4:48 pm

Mary thank you so much for these podcasts, they are amazing and have helped countless times. Thanking you from Sydney Australia!

104. Mary on August 16th, 2014 11:58 am

You are so welcome, Alex. Wonderful to hear that the meditations have helped you, especially “countless times” :-)