Summer Solstice Guided Meditation

June 21, 2014

season

Four times a year the solstices and equinoxes remind me of the cycles of change. As a lover of light, I always look forward to the long days of summer. And yet, when the solstice arrives, things are turning the corner. After this longest day, the days will get shorter as darkness increases.  This, plus the fact that we have listeners from all over the world, and half of the world is experiencing the shortest day, caused me to wax philosophical. What started as a meditation to celebrate the light of summer morphed into a meditation reflecting on change and how we can relax into it. Our latest podcast - Summer Solstice Guided Meditation – is an opportunity to relax into change and view our current life situation from a broader perspective.

Comments

8 Responses to “Summer Solstice Guided Meditation”

1. sophie on June 21st, 2014 5:56 pm

Dear Mary,
    Thank you for all of your guided meditations.
    The Summer Solstice meditation I am about to listen to , however i wanted to take a moment to express my thanks for considering other sides of the earth which are experiencing the Winter Solstice.

I live in Australia and we have just had the longest night of the year. The Winter Solstice.

I will listen to the meditation now.

wishing you all at Meditation Oasis well,
    Thanks again,
    Sophie

2. Jo Beacham on June 21st, 2014 6:27 pm

I thanked you on twitter, and now I thank you again as I just did your summer solstice meditation. Just what I needed! I need to remember your words about change, and the seasons. Sometimes I sing to myself, “This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine”. That’s what your meditation reminded me of. You too have a wonderful summer!
    Jo

3. Mary on June 22nd, 2014 11:51 am

Jo, I’m so glad you liked the meditation. So often the inspiration for the meditation is me saying just what I needed to hear as well! Thanks for letting me know and for your good wishes.

4. Mary on June 22nd, 2014 11:54 am

Sophie, a wonderful thing about having this podcast is that connection around the world. It helps me to see things from a broader perspective. Hopefully by listening to the meditation “creatively”, you’ll hear that it applies for you as well. Would love to hear how it worked for you!

5. Brian Belcher on June 23rd, 2014 4:14 am

Thank you for your Summer Solstice Meditation, it has really helped me in the last few days.

6. Mary on June 24th, 2014 11:24 am

You are very welcome, Brian. That’s good to hear! How has it helped you?

7. Brian Belcher on July 3rd, 2014 3:29 am

I’m an Intuitive, and very sensitive, when I listened to Summer Solstice Meditation it was so relaxing and it helped me with change, celebrating the four changes each year.
    thank you again.

8. Mary on July 3rd, 2014 2:28 pm

You’re welcome again, Brian! It can be relaxing to see how we are part of and moved by those larger cycles of nature. I’m glad it helped you with change — it’s going on all the time!