Pregnancy Meditation — Connecting with your Baby

April 25, 2012

Deepening your connection to your baby during pregnancy is not only fulfilling in itself, but has benefits for both mother and baby. This new podcast meditation helps you to relax deeply, tune into your body and connect with the baby in your womb.

When deeply relaxed, everything flows more easily in your body, circulating blood with its nutrients and oxygen to nourish both you and your child. Your breathing becomes deeper and more regular. The physical benefits of this for both you and your baby are obvious. Mentally your mind becomes more settled and open and you are able to focus on your baby. Emotionally, you are more available to bond with your child and tune into your child’s presence and energy. Being more tuned in will automatically guide you in your eating and lifestyle choices.

As you continue to use the meditation, your connection will deepen. You may also want to share the meditation with the baby’s father. When the guidance is to become aware of the baby “inside you”, he can also connect with the baby inside you. Listening together will enhance your connection with each other, harmonize your intentions, and help you bond with each other as you bond with your baby.

This meditation was born of many requests by pregnant women over the years. Most of them have had their babies by now, but they did help birth this meditation. I would love to hear about your experiences with the meditation!

Comments

33 Responses to “Pregnancy Meditation — Connecting with your Baby”

1. Jessica on April 26th, 2012 10:15 am

THIS is insane. I saw your post on facebook a bit ago asking for podcast suggestions, and I immediately thought of pregnancy and birth. I am a birth doula, and often send clients to your site to listen to the relaxation and letting go tracks. I was JUST about to send an email and suggest one focused on pregnancy, and when I opened my inbox, here was this one! Crazy. Thank you…. look SO forward to listening to it and sharing it with my clients!!!!!

2. Mikelle Hebeka on April 26th, 2012 11:32 am

Looking forward to listening another beautiful meditation. I am not pregnant but I imagine that focusing on the connection with the body will be very powerful. Thank you for the gifts you provide with your podcasts. I love sharing them with others.

I recently purchased your iSleep ap and it is great!

3. Mary on April 26th, 2012 4:06 pm

Jessica and Mikelle, you are both so welcome!

Jessica, just love these serendipitous moments! Please let me know how it works for your clients, and any suggestions you might hive for future meditations!

Mikelle, I do think those who are not pregnant can still use this meditation. It could even be about a project that is being birthed, or connecting with yourself. Use your imagination!

4. Aimee on April 26th, 2012 4:38 pm

Thank you so much for this. I’ve been using some of your other meditations regularly, but at 15 weeks pregnant this one could not have come at a better time!

5. Mary on April 27th, 2012 9:16 am

Aimee, that’s great timing! Please let us know about your experience with the meditation. We’d love your feedback, and wish you a happy, healthy pregnancy and smooth delivery.

6. Tanja on May 29th, 2012 4:42 am

I have been a long time fan of meditation oasis and finding this meditation could not come at a better time as I am 18 weeks pregnant with my first and was just thinking “there must be some great guided meditations out there for us!” Perhaps the serendipity will continue and there will soon be a stack of meditations for babies and children ;)

7. Mary on May 30th, 2012 9:15 am

Tanja, so glad about the timing of this meditation for you. Please let me know about your experience with the meditation! Best wishes.

8. Kayla on October 15th, 2012 5:43 pm

I loved this page! I enjoy meditating very much, and I have learned a lot about how to meditate from the book, Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation by Sharon Salzberg. I am not pregnant, but I look forward to this powerful, beautiful experience.

9. Jackie on November 5th, 2012 12:53 pm

Dear Ms. Mary,

Thank you so much for the beautiful guided meditations you share with us. I have tried several of them with some of my clients and they work wonders. Specifically, this pregnancy one I have used with two of the ladies to whom I provide services, and they appeared much calmer after it, one told me that her baby moves gently as if responding mom’s intention. They have said that they enjoy doing this meditation. Once again, thanks so much for this helpful exercise!

10. Mary on November 6th, 2012 11:16 am

Jackie, you are so welcome. Thank you so much for letting me know about your clients’ experiences with this meditation. How sweet to think of the baby responding inside her mother as her mother listens! What kind of practice do you have?

11. Jackie on November 8th, 2012 8:51 am

Hi, Mary!

I work at an agency who provides services to women and children affected by domestic violence.

12. Mary on November 8th, 2012 9:42 am

Jackie, I am so grateful to hear that the meditations are helping in this situation!

13. Sarah on January 11th, 2013 4:58 am

Hello Mary
    I’ve been listening to your meditations for over a year now, do you have a meditation to assist with conception? Hoping I get to actively listen to your pregnancy meditation very soon. X

14. Mary on January 11th, 2013 5:28 pm

Sarah, I’ve gotten this request a number of times and it has a high priority on my request list. Best wishes for conceiving and a successful pregnancy!

15. Rachel on March 22nd, 2013 8:36 pm

Just listened to your guided meditation, and I found it to be very relaxing, yet powerful in connecting me with my growing baby. I am currently 16 weeks and look forward to continue using this meditation as one way to communicate with my baby. Thank you for sharing this.

16. Mary on March 23rd, 2013 10:44 am

Rachel, I’m so glad to hear about your experience with the pregnancy meditation. That’s wonderful! Continuing to use it should bring even more benefit. You’re so very welcome!

17. Amanda on April 28th, 2013 11:48 am

Hi Mary, This is the first time that I’ve tried one of your meditations. I’ve just found out a few days ago that I am 5 weeks along with my first baby. I enjoyed the meditation and felt very calm and loving. It helped me to release some of the worry and just direct loving faith to my tiny sweet pea. Thank you!

18. Mary on April 29th, 2013 10:01 am

How beautiful, Amanda! Lots of love to you and your sweet pea…

19. sonia on August 9th, 2013 8:33 am

Hi,
    This mediatation is really great. Do we need to maintain empty stomach condition to do this.

20. Mary on August 10th, 2013 11:56 am

Sonia, it’s usually better jot to meditate with a full meal in your stomach because your body is working on digesting your food at the same time you are doing something to let everything settle down. You could wait an hour or two after a big meal but your stomach doesn’t need to be completely empty. A light meal or snack probably wouldn’t interfere with mediation. All that being said, you can go by your own experience. See what works for you!

21. Alice on January 5th, 2014 11:58 am

Hi Mary,
    I just wanted to thank you for this beautiful meditation. We are finally pregnant after 7 years of trying! and I have been looking for a guided meditation to relieve some of the stress and anxiety I have been feeling. I am 9 1/2 weeks now and will be listening to this everyday.
    Thank you.

22. Kate on January 6th, 2014 2:53 am

How do I get this meditation? There isn’t a link showing up on my page.

23. Mary on January 6th, 2014 11:09 am

Alice, you are so welcome. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Continuing meditation will be so beneficial for you and your baby. Wishing you all the very best!

24. Mary on January 6th, 2014 11:13 am

Kate, this meditation is available, along with many others, on our Listen to Our Podcast page — http://bit.ly/sfN75q. You can also listen on iTunes — just search for Meditation Oasis podcast.

25. Shelby on January 12th, 2014 3:32 pm

This is exactly what ive been experiencing. I do it all the time and everytime i get emotional my son is the best gift ive ever recieved! I love having that connection with him. :)

26. Mary on January 13th, 2014 10:53 am

Beautiful, Shelby!

27. Kallista on February 14th, 2014 8:22 pm

Absolutely beautiful meditation – thank you! When pregnant I would often meditate on an electric green light traveling from my daughter to my heart space and sometimes the little bubba was dancing in there. I got quite emotional listening to this. What a special time it is. Namaste

28. Mary on February 16th, 2014 11:17 am

Thank you for sharing your beautiful experiences, Kallista!

29. Prenatal Bonding with Your Baby | Healthy Mama Love on April 13th, 2014 9:06 pm

[…] to them.  There are many great guided meditations out there for use during pregnancy.  I love this meditation from Meditation […]

30. sathya on May 13th, 2014 10:30 pm

i am pregnant now can you help me in suggesting few meditation

31. Mary on May 14th, 2014 9:52 am

sathya, you can use our Listen to Our Podcast page and listen to the meditations that appeal to you. There is one specifically for connecting with you baby during pregnancy. Any meditation that helps you relax and be more balanced should be helpful. Best wishes with your pregnancy!

32. Lauren on June 8th, 2014 3:59 pm

I don’t see WHERE this meditation is?! where is a link to a podcast?

33. Mary on June 9th, 2014 10:48 am

Lauren, the words “new podcast meditation” are linked to the meditation. You can listen to all of our meditations on the “Listen to Our Podcast” page of this website. Here’s the link to the Pregnancy Meditation — http://bit.ly/1uLTviH