Celebrating 5 years of our podcast

November 7, 2011

On November 7, 2006 we published our first Meditation Oasis podcast episode. We had no idea that 5 years later, there would be over 8 million downloads and that people all over the world, of all ages and backgrounds, would become listeners. Our podcast meditations have been used in ways and in places we would never have imagined. Everyday we hear from people through emails, Facebook, Twitter, website comments about how they are benefitting from the meditations. At times we are moved to tears — both awed and humbled, knowing that these reports are a testimony to the power of meditation and the tremendous capacity we have as humans to grow.

Our meditations have been used both by people wanting to enrich their experience of life and by people overcoming all sorts of challenges. Counselors and psychotherapists use them for their clients; women have used them in childbirth; they have been used in clinics and human resource departments, recovery programs, hospitals, and by troops in Afghanistan. We hear from people who are grieving or facing medical problems and surgery. Artists and musicians tell us how meditation has helped them create. And we also hear from people who simply say that life is easier, more rich and fulfilling and that they have more inner peace.

Our work has developed and expanded because of what we hear from listeners.┬áMany of the podcast meditations came about because of listeners’ requests. The podcast has been a launching pad for our online meditation course, anxiety relief program, as well as our smartphone applications. Much of Richard’s music has been inspired by the podcast meditations.

This has been an incredibly fulfilling five years, and it’s all because of of our listeners’ openness. Richard and I feel grateful to all of you who have opened your minds and hearts to be on this journey with us.

Comments

20 Responses to “Celebrating 5 years of our podcast”

1. Dave Peckens on November 7th, 2011 12:27 pm

Congratulations!

2. charlene on November 7th, 2011 6:10 pm

Happy Birthday, Meditation Oasis!!! It was just around that time I had discovered your podcast, too, and began meditating for the first time. Thank you!!! I am now a certified Reiki practitioner and certified Integrated Energy Therapy Master-Instructor. I have pointed my clients and friends to your podcasts to help relieve the stress in their lives and to hopefully help them find their path to their authentic selves. Coincidentally, your podcast birthday also falls on my wedding anniversary (two years today)!

3. Michelle Lambert on November 7th, 2011 6:20 pm

Thank you so much for all that you do. Your website and podcasts have helped me with many things. Keep up the great work! :)

4. Juan Ignacio on November 7th, 2011 6:24 pm

Thank you SO much for your dedication. Your podcast has changed my life and you helped me finding a new world inside me.

All the best.

5. Vijey on November 7th, 2011 9:48 pm

Congratulations. Your podcasts have been great. They are so simple, religion-agnostic and easy to follow. They help people to understand what meditation is.

I wish many many more success in future.

Regards,
    Vijey

6. Ms. E on November 8th, 2011 12:17 am

Congrats and thanks :)

7. Tim Vollink on November 8th, 2011 7:04 am

Thanks you so much for your podcast. I have borderline personality disorder and was able to get off all my medication by listening to your meditations three times a day.
    You have given me a whole new life.
    Namaste

8. Mary on November 8th, 2011 9:46 am

Thank you, Dave and Ms. E for your congratulations.
    Charlene, happy anniversary — you’ve accomplished a lot since you started meditating!
    Michelle, you are welcome – so glad the meditations are helping.
    Juan, how lovely to hear you have been so deeply affected by the podcast — you are welcome.
    Vijey, thank you for your kind words and wishes.
    Tim, you are so welcome and thank you for sharing your experience. Richard and I are so moved to hear this wonderful news. We wish you all the best in your “new life”!

9. Carol D. on November 8th, 2011 10:04 am

Dear Meditation Oasis, I’ve heard that it takes five years to really get a new business “launched”. It seems that your wonderful meditations have been helping many people across the globe since the early stages. This is terrific and worth celebrating. I continue to enjoy your podcasts and your energy. Thank you for this.

10. SUSAN wALE on November 8th, 2011 6:53 pm

Congratulations on 5 years of helping people find themselves and find peace and love of their surroundings. I look forward to the daily meditations, which help me start my day with something positive to think about. Thank you for being there.

11. Mary on November 9th, 2011 9:58 am

Carol and Susan, You are so welcome, and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It’s our listeners that keep the podcast going!

12. Alex on November 10th, 2011 3:15 am

Congrats — the popularity is well deserved and I wish you success. Probably the best meditative audio I’ve ever heard. Definitely helped me out during some of life’s little challenges. Thank you.

13. Mary on November 10th, 2011 10:41 am

Alex, thank you for your kind words, and you are welcome. We’re glad the podcast has been helpful for you.

14. Alexis B on November 13th, 2011 11:07 pm

Congratulations on your five year milestone. You have brought so much help, comfort and growth to me by expanding my existing meditation practice with your unique, enriching podcasts. And I love the ‘No Pain, More Gain’ approach, after having spent many years wrestling with a purist zazen method. You and Richard are the Best, with any, many more successful, inspiring years to come!
    Peace.

15. Mary on November 14th, 2011 9:50 am

Alexis, thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience with our meditations. We are definitely of the “no pain, more gain” persuasion! Peace to you…

16. Carla Cripps on November 18th, 2011 8:36 pm

Sorry to be late, but please accept my sincere congratulations to you and Richard on five years of real service helping so many people, myself included. I also want to wish you both the best in future, for as many more years of “being there” for us as it brings you joy to do so.

Shanti,

Carla

17. Siegfried Charley on November 19th, 2011 4:26 am

Hi dear Mary and Richard,
    congratuations for 5 years Meditation-Oasis.
    And. Thank you for all these wonderful podcasts I am hearing every morning. They’re making my day and leading me to a beautiful journey into my inner self.
    Love & Peace from switzerland.

18. Mary on November 19th, 2011 9:49 am

Good to hear from you, Siegfried and Carla. Hearing from our listeners is a great inspiration!

19. Amanda on November 19th, 2011 4:06 pm

I listen to your podcasts more or less every day and so am very grateful that you do what you do. It’s amazing that, with modern technology, someone can have such a big input in your life and yet you have never met them x

20. Mary on November 20th, 2011 10:26 am

Amanda, yes, it is amazing! Years ago I would never have dreamed of bringing meditation to people in this way. It feels as if we have one giant group meditation, and I feel very connected to everyone who listens. Thank you for taking time to comment.