Remembering Michael Jackson

June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson’s songs have been circling continuously in my mind since hearing of his death yesterday. Everything from ABC to Black or White, Thriller… I can still see and hear him on TV singing with the Jackson Five. I see him electrifying the world at the Apollo Theater. I hear him at the Super Bowl. I hear and see Michael everywhere. He was an amazing talent. He changed music forever. He shook the world energetically, releasing energy as if splitting the atom. His talents — singing, dancing, composing — were enormous.

How many people really understood the heart and soul of this man? It’s challenging to express ones uniqueness completely, and Michael did that. It’s hard to be so sensitive, creative and open in this world, especially in the limelight like Michael was.

So many thoughts and feelings floating through my mind and heart. He did want to “heal the world”. I titled this post “Remembering Michael Jackson”, but he could never be forgotten.

Comments

6 Responses to “Remembering Michael Jackson”

1. Jacli Salazar Primo on June 26th, 2009 9:51 pm

Namaste, I must agree with your thoughts. The words Michael sang in “You Are Not Alone” have played in my head since I heard the news.

I have loved Michael Jackson since I was 5 years old. In my heart I have celebrated with him through many triumphs and mourned with him for his saddest moments. And I am not alone. Despite the what the media in our country has implied about the King of Pop his sensitive and generous, many talented soul was appreciated around the world. All of his fans were rejoicing over the coming “This is It” tour and we all mourn the loss of this great, great talent, this great great man.

It is my hope that when the dust has settled and his children are old enough to understand, that they will see the simple truth: This lovely man was beloved by so, so many and in our hearts he is Forever Michael.

2. Mary on June 27th, 2009 9:43 am

Thank you for these beautiful words, Jacli. Michael certainly touched the hearts and lives of so many people.

3. Anis on June 28th, 2009 4:50 pm

Beautiful words. No one could have remembered Michael Jackson better.

4. Mary on June 29th, 2009 8:53 am

Thank you so much, Anis, for your kind words and sharing in Michael’s memory with me.

5. Nicki Hazelett on May 4th, 2010 6:04 pm

I am NOT a Michael Jackson fan, NOT a newsreporter, NOT the press, NOT the media, & also NOT the papparazzi. I am a just a lady. Me, myself, & I.
    I know that Michael is sensitive because I am also sensitive like him. I DO know the heart & soul of Michael Jackson. Yes, I DO! Some people can disagree with me all they want but I DO understand Michael’s heart & soul.
    I know what makes Michael tick. I see what he sees, I know what he knows, I feel what he feels, I believe he believes, I think the way he thinks. He was/is the KING OF POP from my generation(the 80′s). I was born in 1981 before my favorite video was made by him(THRILLER) in 1982. I have known & LOVED him for 27 or 28 years. What makes me SO special from everyone else & all of Michael’s fans is I got the sad heartbreaking news on the day of his death(Thursday June, 25, 2009) after it happen before all of his fans got this same heartbreaking news the next day(Friday June 26, 2009).
    My mom told me the heartbreaking news. At first it was BIG shock to me. But then the pain, the loss, & tears started to sink in(that’s when I REALLY cried my eyes out for Michael). And the hurt I suffed. All thanks to Dr. Murray & pills that took his life. I believe he wanted to HEAL THE WORLD which I feel VERY strongly about.
    With L.O.V.E. as he would say. ALL LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Evelien van Arkel on May 8th, 2011 6:12 am

Thank you, there is so much negativity around him and it breaks my heart… he was such a good person but everybody is just creating these things around him.