Intuitive Self-Healing Meditation

April 22, 2009

Our bodies are marvelous self-healing mechanisms. They are constantly busy with self-repair and working to move towards greater balance. The same is true, I feel, for our psyches. This latest podcast is designed take advantage of this by helping you tap into your intuition to promote healing. We start, as always, by relaxing into the flow of what is happening. Then we bring our attention to an area needing healing. Allowing something to be in our awareness is helpful in and of itself. Our attention is like a beam of energy and intelligence and when we direct it somewhere energy for healing is provided. The inner intelligence of the body puts that energy to good use. That’s the basis of the Relaxing into Healing guided meditation. This new meditation takes things one step further. We are more proactive, as it were, learning to direct our energy in more specific ways. We drop into our inner knowing to find just the right “flavor” of energy for the situation.

Visualization is a tool that is often used for healing. Sometimes very specific visualizations are recommended for specific problems. My experience is that it’s most effective when we allow the visualization to arise spontaneously from within. I personally find it difficult to follow guided imagery where you are supposed to follow a very particular image. I prefer to first let what needs healing to be fully in my awareness, and then see what “wants” to come, just naturally, to help the situation. I think it’s always more powerful to connect with ones own inner knowing.

As you listen to this meditation, be very easy about it. As with all our meditations, the words are just gentle suggestions for you to use as a springboard for your own experience. You don’t need to follow (or even hear) all the words. Your mind will pick up on the phrases you need for your process. As you are prompted to bring in energy, let that take whatever form comes easily. Some people may have very clear visualizations. For others, it may be something very subtle. Most importantly, it doesn’t have to be visual. You may have just a vague sense of some energy or movement. The energy may seem more auditory, like a hum, or kinesthetic, like a feeling of some texture or touch. Or you may just want to relax into the feeling of the meditation. Whatever comes easily for you is just right!

I’d love to hear what you experienced with this. This meditation was done with my local group. Everyone shared their experiences afterwards and each had a very different kind of experience.

Comments

22 Responses to “Intuitive Self-Healing Meditation”

1. Energy Therapy on April 24th, 2009 7:42 pm

Thanks for sharing this information – I agree that the body and mind are amazing healing tools. When you wrote: “Sometimes very specific visualizations are recommended for specific problems,” do you have any examples of these specific visualizations and the correlating specific problems?

2. Mary on April 25th, 2009 9:00 am

The best examples I can think of in regard to specific visualizations for specific conditions comes from the work of a healer named Adam. He has books and DVDs training people to use visualization for their self-healing. You might want to check out his website.

3. Mel on April 27th, 2009 4:30 am

Thank you for this meditation. I’ve found it very useful. I often find when I wake in the mornings that I feel quite achey, but when I listen to this meditation at night before sleep I wake up feeling quite well

A lot of your other meditations are useful at night for me as well. Especially the Unwinding and Total Body Relaxation on your cds. I work shift work at a local McDonalds (which I dislike at the best of times!) and they help me wind down and get to sleep sooner so that I can wake feeling less tired.

Also, when work is stressful I listen to your meditations while I walk to work, or briefly listen to the “Letting Go” meditation in the bathroom before I start, and these help me deal with my job better, feel calmer, more positive and not stress out as much.

This is really important for getting me through this period in my life. Thank you so very much.

And just question, have you, or are you considering creating a specific meditation for anxiety at all?

4. Lance on April 27th, 2009 7:35 am

Mary,
    It had been a while since I had meditated with you. When I saw that you uploaded this new meditation on intuitive self-healing I was excited.

The last couple of weeks, I have been feeling a tad bit sluggish and grumpy. Although, these characteristics are a part of who I am, I really was open to finding an inner balance. This morning, I was meditating on healing my confidence…. it hit me like a gust of wind.

I realized that I was holding on to a lot of heavy hurtful feelings of inadequacy and self-deprecation. This meditation was a catalyst towards opening myself to the energetic spiritual wind I felt while meditating. The wind caressed my entire body but seemed to be focused on my solar plexus chakra. What a powerful experience !!!

Namasté.
    Lance

It was so cleansing.

5. Mary on April 27th, 2009 8:55 am

You are welcome, Mel. It’s always so interesting to hear how people use the meditations and I’m really glad they are helping. I’ve had a number of requests for meditations for anxiety, and intend to create one once it comes together in my mind. (Ideas sometimes percolate around in me for awhile before becoming a meditation!) I’m not sure if it will become a podcast or meditation on a CD.

6. Mary on April 27th, 2009 9:06 am

What a wonderful experience, Lance! It is really inspiring to hear this experience — we do have such a capacity for self-healing within us. Of course you created this experience for yourself through your own openness and awareness. Thank you for being so open.

7. SARAH HOLDEN on May 17th, 2010 8:06 am

Hi

I love your meditations which I have as an iPhone App. I particularly love the ‘Open your heart guided meditation’ which has really helped me with other spiritual work too. However, the point of this contact is that I have been ill with a pituitary disorder for about 18 months now which has been awful. I have resorted to giving up my job, giving up my voluntary wotk and having to put my baby in nursery as I have been unable to look after him. I kept getting a message from my higher self to the effect of I could heal myself. Anyway I was particularly low yesterday and decided to do your ‘Intuitive Healing meditation’ and it blew me away! Something strange has shifted in me and although I feel ill it is not the same. I feel like tingling and unblocking, I am still suffering with dizziness but it is not the same feeling and I keep going to the toilet! I know that healing can make these things happen whilst the body begins to heal – is this true? I just know something is changing in my body but I cant explain it. Can you help?

Thanks
    Sarah

8. Mary on May 17th, 2010 9:37 am

Sarah, It sounds like doing the meditation got energy moving in your body (in the energy field which then affects the physical body). That’s what the tingling and unblocking feelings would be. Since you are very in touch with what is happening in your body, a lot was able to happen from the meditation. You are essentially doing energy healing on yourself. You can read about that at our Heart of Healing website.

Best wishes!

9. andrew Hamilton on September 28th, 2010 5:53 am

I have a bone disease in my leg that is awaiting plastic surgery – is it possible to use a self-healing meditation to fight the infection? And if so, where on this site can I find it.

10. Mary on September 28th, 2010 9:16 am

Andrew, we have a number of meditations you can listen to for free on our Listen to Our Podcast page — http://www.meditationoasis.com/podcast/listen-to-podcast/ Some are designed to help support healing. We wish you well.

11. andrew Hamilton on October 1st, 2010 9:35 am

Lovely, thanks, I’ll do that.

12. Lindi on June 16th, 2011 5:14 pm

I have been working to create a daily meditation practice, and your site has helped me very much to do that. The reason I chose this podcast today is that last night I realized I had been holding onto a very limiting belief that has blocked me in moving forward with the creation of my own business. I have had lower back pain on and off for some time; seeing a chiropractor helped some, and now I’m seeing a Physical Therapist. The two – my back pain and this old limiting belief – are tied together, and this meditation helped me move some much needed energy into my Sacral Chakra. I kept seeing this yellow energy as a ball racing ∞ (like a figure 8) all over my lower back … the pain had felt thick – like a rib-eye steak – when I started, but as this energy started moving I also began to see the color yellow (with some green/purple mixed in from time to time) as a liquid that was being poured over me and melting through me. As I sit here and write this the pain is much dissipated!! I also recited a new affirmation to help dissipate that old thing that came up…. I didn’t even realize how the pain was showing me that I was limiting myself. I am refreshed, revitalized and moving forward. Thank you!

13. Mary on June 17th, 2011 2:14 pm

Lindi, you are so welcome! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the meditation. Beautiful! Best wishes as you move ahead.

14. kris on August 19th, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks for this! It was very helpful, especially the part at the end where you visualize what it would be like if the part of you that was hurting was fully healed.

15. micheal on August 29th, 2012 1:13 am

hi is it possible to heal and to gain a more perfect body and better health overall ,trough meditation and visualisation?

16. Mary on September 1st, 2012 11:58 am

Micheal, this is a good question, and a big one! Meditation can certainly help with all these things, but you would also need to do other things for these goals. The deep relaxation of meditation, the reduction of stress can directly contribute to better health. You could also say it makes it more likely we will take the steps we need to take for healing and health by giving us greater clarity and emotional balance.

17. Athena on December 21st, 2012 12:29 pm

I have just come across your website via my Blackberry while googling for meditations to download to my phone. I am having endless problems trying to download from your Podcasts. I have succeeded in downloading about 3 and only at 2 or 3 in the morning when the internet’s not so busy. Do you have any meditations on Angels and also of Creating Abundance or Prosperity? Thanks. Athena from South Africa.

18. Mary on December 21st, 2012 4:40 pm

Athena, actually people with Blackberrys in South Africa have sometimes had trouble streaming the audios from our apps, so there seems to be a challenge there. Sorry about that! Glad you are at least able to download them. It would probably work best with a strong WiFi connection. We don’t have any angel or prosperity meditations. Using the Gratitude Meditation, though, might help with abundance.

19. Athena on December 22nd, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi Mary! Thank you so much for your prompt response to my previous question. I’m afraid I have another. Could you tell me where and how I can download to a laptop which I can then bluetooth to my phone?

20. Mary on December 23rd, 2012 1:02 pm

Athena, you should be able to download the mp3s on the Listen to Our Podcast page to a laptop. Afraid I am not tech savvy enough to tell you how to do it or how to then bluetooth them to your phone!

21. Daphne on April 16th, 2014 7:25 pm

I listened to this meditation last night. I expected to focus on my hips, because they have been very painful lately; however, the area of concentration was my throat. I felt a lot of sensation in my throat, the sensation of an emotional ‘lump’ in my throat. As I focused on my breath and breathed out the lump, I cried. I did not feel emotionally sad really, but the lump culminated in tears. It’s hard to explain. I have never felt anything like this.
    I have a thyroid disorder, and understand the mind body connection between thyroid disorders and emotional disorders.
    This is something I feel I need to work on some more.

22. Mary on April 17th, 2014 9:22 am

Thank you for sharing your experience, Daphne. How interesting that you found yourself focussed on your throat rather than your hips. By opening up as you did, your intuition led you to what needed healing the most, or what was ready to be worked with. And, of course, everything in the body is connected to everything else. There could be a relationship between your thyroid and hip problems! Wishing you the best with your ongoing healing.