Inner Child Guided Meditation

September 6, 2008

I’ve had more requests for an inner child meditation than anything else. I haven’t done inner child work in any formal way as part of my path, and can’t be sure exactly what people were asking for when they made these requests. Nevertheless, the concept of the inner child speaks to me and I really enjoyed exploring it as I created this latest podcast.

The term “inner child” has different meanings to different people. Not everyone relates to this concept, but for those who do it can be a very useful concept for growth and healing. If you’re interested in the history of this term and how it’s been used in the past, check out Wikipedia. When I use the term, it relates purely to how it resonates with me and my experience.

As I’ve said before, when I record a guided meditation I am meditating with you. I go into a meditative space and a meditation happens which is just as much for me as for you. In creating the inner child meditation, I discovered a bit about what the inner child means to me.

As I meditated with you, I experienced some feelings which are very familiar, but most of the time are lingering under the surface. My adult becomes very busy with her life and often ignores these feelings which are inconvenient. To pay attention to what may seem like childish needs and hurts, and even the wish to express the unbridled joy which is also there under the surface, would take time away from all the things which seem so important in my day. And yet what is more important than attending to our deepest needs and feelings or allowing ourselves to cry those unshed tears that have been waiting for expression for years? What is more important than expressing childlike exuberance? I love to pretend I have on my tapping shoes and dance around just for fun. We don’t just find our unmet needs and past hurts when we connect with the inner child, we also find the source of our joy.

I have done lots of inner work, through meditation, therapy, and various healing modalities, yet the ethic of productivity and achievement have a strong momentum. I am not always as attentive as I’d like to be to my needs. Our culture prods us on to do, but doesn’t honor our need to be. Our culture doesn’t place a priority on nourishing the inner life. I’m thankful to all of you who requested this meditation. It caused me to take time to connect with some of the longings of my deeper self.

Whether you are already working with the inner child as part of recovery or healing or simply want to explore your inner life, I hope this meditation supports you. I would love to hear about your experiences with this meditation or any other work you’ve done with the inner child. What does the inner child mean to you? What experiences have you had with him or her?

—-

NOTE: We’re so sorry — we originally uploaded our Inner Child Meditation with outtakes.  If you are among the 12,000 people who have downloaded the first version, please check back for the correct version which is now available here and on iTunes.

Comments

59 Responses to “Inner Child Guided Meditation”

1. keith davis on September 7th, 2008 8:05 am

I LOVE MARY MADDUX! your voice in the guided meditation podcasts I listen to every day, and it really helps! Thank you so much!

I’ve been wondering if you would created a guided meditation on fear, and how to handle big fears or small fears…everyday ones or life-changing ones….

I often am in a place where i could use some soothing thoughts/energies to help through fearful situations and would love to see a meditation on that!

Thank you so much for your work!

sincerely,
    keith

2. Mary on September 7th, 2008 9:15 am

You are welcome, Keith. A meditation on fear is a real possibility. I’ll let that idea percolate and see what comes up. In the meantime, I’m wondering if the Emotional Ease meditation might help. Let me know!

3. Mel on September 12th, 2008 5:03 am

Dear Mary,

I attempted to complete the Inner Child guided imagery and found it difficult to complete. It brought up a lot of difficult and confronting emotions for me from my childhood.

And even though I found it difficult, I think it’s going to allow me to address some of the stuff that I suppressed in therapy.

Hopefully, this will help me to deal with some things that I might have overlooked.

Thank you for podcasting these meditations that will assist me to help some of my deeper wounds and eventually enrich the quality of my life.

4. Mary on September 12th, 2008 9:01 am

You are welcome, Mel. It takes courage to the inner work you are doing and I congratulate you. Sometimes we feel we’re finished with certain issues, and then we get to a deeper layer of things. We suppress things until there’s a readiness to deal with them. Sounds like you’re opening up to a deeper layer.

Perhaps using the Emotional Ease meditation would help support this process.

Wishing you the very best, Mary

5. Craig on September 14th, 2008 6:07 pm

I just wanted to let you know that your inner child meditation was very powerful for me. I cried for the little boy that didn’t get what he needed at the time, and that lack has followed me through my adult years. Your meditation allowed me to begin the process of providing what my inner child needed – then – and it’s my feeling that this will ultimately heal what this adult now needs. Thanks for a healing experience.!!!!!

6. Mary on September 14th, 2008 6:19 pm

How inspiring to hear this, Craig. You are so welcome, and thank you for sharing this experience. Wishing you more and more healing!

7. Stacie on October 26th, 2008 7:26 pm

Dear Mary,
    Your inner child guided meditation was powerful, moving and incredibly valuable to me at this point in my journey. I was overcome with emotion as I looked at my inner child and yet finished with a wonderful sense of peace and a new perspective. Thank you so much for your gift. ~Stacie

8. Mary on October 27th, 2008 9:58 am

You are very welcome, Stacie. The description of your experience is moving. Thank you for being so open to the meditation and taking time to let us know about your experience.

9. Tiffany on March 5th, 2009 10:43 am

I started doing one of the other meditations this morning, but after starting, felt I wanted to listen to the inner child one. I realized that, as my BodyTalk practitioner told me, both my husband and I weren’t encouraged to express our feelings as children and it is time to open up. The first image was that my inner child was not allowed to show tears and sadness. The photos we have are of me smiling, but not being sad. I imagined being held by both of my parents as if I really mattered, I was important to them, and beyond that to be embraced by Heavenly Father/Mother on all sides, safe and secure and loved, able to let go and cry.

Then I thought of my husband. When I pictured the one photo we have of him as a little boy, and how sad he was, then I really tapped into something strong and started crying out loud for him. I put him in my lap and let him cry. I am picturing that we will both be able to cry and be held by each other whenever the need comes and be able to embrace that experience. And our children will be able to come to us and share their feelings also, so we give them something more healthy.

10. Mary on March 5th, 2009 3:54 pm

Thank you for sharing this very moving experience, Tiffany. What a gift to be able to be present to our own feelings and those of our loved ones. We wish you and your family well.

11. Mark on May 25th, 2009 6:03 am

First of all, may i take this opportunity to thank you sincerely for all your meditation podcasts.

I have just tried the Inner Child meditation for the first time and, whilst i could easily find and embrace my inner child, i found real difficulty at the point where you ask us to embrace both the child and the adult. I intend to work at the meditation in order to – hopefully – allow this to happen, but i found this interesting and wondered if this spoke to you and what your thoughts are…

12. Mary on May 25th, 2009 9:58 am

You are welcome, Mark. This is a really interesting question. It challenges me to define what that element — embracing both the child and adult — might mean.

Before I comment on that, though, I want to clarify that it is never necessary or important in any of my meditations to follow all the instructions. If something I suggest isn’t easy and natural for you to do, or doesn’t make particular sense to you, feel free to ignore it! The words I say are just gentle prompts to help you dive into your own experience. You may drift in and out of what I say and you can just pick up on what’s useful to you. So you don’t need to work on “doing” everything in the meditations.

What embracing the child and adult means to me may differ from what it might mean to you. And it’s what it means to you that matters. Even how we experience our inner child and our “adult” may be quite different. For me, embracing both the child and adult opens things up to a greater sense of support, so that the adult also is being supported in his/her efforts to support the child. For me, it expands my perspective in some way.

13. Mark on May 26th, 2009 9:05 am

Thank you, Mary. Your comments led me on to a realisation that, for me, to embrace both adult and child together is to accept that both are very real elements of who we are.

14. Mary on May 26th, 2009 9:23 am

Beautiful, Mark!

15. Stephanie on July 18th, 2009 5:32 pm

Thank you for this. I am doing an inner child workshop on August 8th in Nyack NY and needed to get more in touch with my own inner child as I do this incredible work.

Thanks again,
    Stephanie

16. Mary on July 19th, 2009 8:35 am

You are welcome, Stephanie. Good luck with your workshop and ongoing healing journey.

17. Sparky on November 22nd, 2009 4:33 pm

Adult Children of Alcoholics/Dysfunctional Families has it’s very first fellowship text, the new 2006 “Big Book”

The Inner Child is a major focus in ACA, perhaps many may benefit from more Inner Child meditations here. I learned of your Inner Child meditation by an ACA member. I will be sure to direct others interested to this site. As They Say Pass It On!

Thanks!

“ACA COMES OF AGE”

18. Mary on November 22nd, 2009 4:53 pm

Congratulations to all, Sparky, on the “Big Book”.

We’d love to do more Inner Child meditations. We’ll see when that can happen — we’re working on so many projects right now. Best wishes from us!

19. helena on January 5th, 2010 10:32 pm

have done or had inner child workshop before theres a woman in booragoon who does them she also offers reiki attunements /healing it brought me closer (if thats possible) to my children when i had them later also worked through some of my own childhood issues that i had with my father abandoning me at a young age 6-7

20. Meg on June 2nd, 2010 10:36 am

I just listened to the Inner Child meditation. To be honest, I only chose that one because if its length; I wanted something I could really get into, more than ten or fiftenn minutes.

Having regarded Inner Child concepts as trite and self-indulgent over the years, I was beautifully surprised at what I experienced during and immediately after this meditation.

Very recently, I held my six-year-old daughter while listening to your meditation (it was the Just Being one, though I cannot reacll the exact name). I have looked for chidren’s meditations, but what I found was too stimulating, too fast, and just not what I thought she could use. She responded so well to this meditation, and she was able to work through her feelings of frustration and sadness. As I held her, she seemed to melt into me, soaking up Mother Love, and with each moment, the calmness grew; it was one of the most memorable moments in ALL of my mothering experiences.

So when I listened to the Inner Child meditation myself, I easily pictured myself holding the little girl I was, exactly as I had held my daughter last week. I saw myself holding me, loving abd comforting that little girl I once was.

And I also listened as my own child within told me why she is hurt. It is almost impossible to describe. Yes, those hurts from so long ago are still there, and I was able to mother my own inner child just as I had mothered my daughter last week. That I am able to mother my children this way is, I’m sure, a result of knowing first hand what they need: unconditional love, trust, acceptance, and a safe person in whom to confide, to get that comfort.

I found that I was able to love this little girl inside myself, to give her what she did not get enough of then. It came almost effortlessly, I guess because I have experience doing this for my “real” children.

And now, I have reason to do this for myself. I still believe that many people are very misguided about what belongs in the past and what belongs to now. My reason to do this for myself is that I know I deserve the same love, trust, acceptance, comfort, and encouragement that I give to my children.

This meditation was extremely powerful for me. I was almost overwhelmed at the little me, how she needed to tell me what hurts, why, and what she needs. I intend to keep at this, to keep mothering the little me, and I thank you for giving me the experience. If my real children benefit so much from the loving acceptance and absolute trust they can place in me, surely I can benefit as well.

With much gratitude,

Meg

21. Mary on June 2nd, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi Meg, I can’t thank you enough for sharing these experiences. This is so moving to read! It reminds me of a time when someone commented that I needed to learn to let the love that comes through me to others come to me as well. It’s taken me some time to learn to let that happen. It’s wonderful that you have had this profound experience and insight. I am happy for you, and happy for your children as well. Do keep at it and let us know how it goes!

22. Eleanor on August 14th, 2010 3:31 am

Dear Mary,

I am writing to thank you for the powerful experiences that I had while following the Inner Child Guided Meditation. I’ve done it for several times at home, each time bringing me a totally new experience. It seems that I work best with my inner child when I allow her to tell me freely what she really needs. Most importantly, I have learned the importance of faith. Sometimes it is difficult to trust what my inner child tells me. But when I do believe in what she says and allow her to respond freely to my questions, I get the answers I need at that moment.

As a Christian, I realize that I have not fully understood the meaning of prayer. My inner child seems to understand better what it means to pray, what to pray for, and how to pray.

Many thanks for your Inner Child Guided Meditation.

Yours sincerely,

Eleanor (from Hong Kong)

23. Mary on August 14th, 2010 8:21 am

You are welcome, Eleanor. It’s wonderful that you’ve connected so well with your inner child and are able to listen to her! It’s a beautiful way to access your own inner wisdom. Thank you for sharing your experience.

24. Maja on November 9th, 2010 2:44 pm

Thank you for lovely meditations. I have a question. During Inner Child meditation, when I imagine myself as a little girl, I start to cry. Is it OK? What do you advice me? I am 42 old single woman and mostly I can control my feelings. What does it mean? Thank you again..

25. Mary on November 9th, 2010 3:21 pm

Maja, it’s not at all uncommon to cry when working with your inner child. The inner child may be bringing you past hurts for healing, or it could be tears of relief that “she” is being acknowledged and held. Crying can be cleansing and healing! When you use the meditation, you can ask your inner child what the tears are about and this may give you some insight. Best wishes.

26. sara on November 11th, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi Mary, I did this meditation last night and here’s what I wrote immediately afterwards:
    She sat on my lap but she was detached. I asked her if there was anything I could do for her. She did not reply. I asked her again, softly. She turned her face up and looked in my eyes. “What took you so long to come?” she asked. She was upset. I could tell. I started crying. “I had lost my way”, I said. “So are you going to stay now?” she asked. “YES. YES. I’LL STAY. I won’t go anywhere. Never again. I’ll never leave you again.”, I uttered. This seemed to put her mind at ease. She started smiling, her eyes started smiling. She relaxed in my arms. “I’ll go play now.”, she said. She took a few steps away from me and started quietly playing. I looked at her. I could not believe how much I loved her. Words could not describe my feelings. I held her again. She was happy and at peace. I felt one with her. I told her I had to go. This time she did not mind. She knew I could always find my way back.

27. Gayle on November 11th, 2010 10:09 pm

Hello Mary,
    I found much of it was not with words or even something I can put into words but there was a sense of things. Much in the way a child is I feel I got “lost” or “stuck” at a point in there but couldn’t make it out, just the emotion without a sense of how to move it to a better place.

28. Mary on November 12th, 2010 10:08 am

How beautiful, sara. Thank you so much for sharing this. How fortunate to have connected with your inner child (yourself!) in this way!

29. Mary on November 12th, 2010 10:15 am

Hello Gayle, working with the inner child doesn’t have to happen with words – a “sense of things” can be enough for shifts to happen. Each time you do the meditation, it will be different and progress. Also, when you do such a meditation it sets things in motion that continue to play out after the meditation.

You don’t need to try to move the emotion to a better place. That will happen automatically in your ability to be present to what is being felt. The greatest healing comes from “presence”, whether it’s being completely present to another or to oneself.

30. Alyssa on November 12th, 2010 3:20 pm

Sara, I had a similar experience with this meditation, and I know how wonderful it feels. I am so happy that someone else shares this beautiful experience.

Of course, thank you, Mary & Richard!

31. Anne on November 26th, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi Mary

Firstly thank you for all your guided meditations.

I recently listened to the inner child meditation for no particular reason but that I knew I needed something different. How strongly it resonated in me. I eagerly listened to my little girl’s needs and comments and felt strong and peaceful and fiercely protective. I even felt as though many of the memories of my very strict and lonely childhood were bearable for the first time ever. I also know that the timing is right now because my adult self is strong enough to give comfort and hold the child in me. For days now I have felt like I’ve discovered a secret drug that is better than anything I’d ever tried before. I discovered something deep in me I had lost touch with. Like Meg above I had been disdainful of such ideas.

So I’ve meditated on the inner child nearly every day since but this morning was different. As I walked to water some of our farm trees I listened to this meditation again. I have a dinner tonight with new people and I felt I needed to really connect with the feelings of terror I get when faced with social situations, particularly unfamiliar ones. And this time I realised that the little girl is still feeling judged, judged by the big me. Judged about everything, how she looks, how she interacts, how she works, never quite good enough, smart enough. And I don’t know how to stop doing that. Sure, I can say okay I’ll stop judging, but I can’t just turn it off. I feel a deep connection with my inner child now but the judgement is still there.

Well thank you for reading this. I will think about this judging and find a way to ? what, I’m not sure.

Hope your thanksgiving was fantastic.

32. Mary on November 27th, 2010 9:34 am

You are welcome, Anne. It’s moving to read this and see how strongly you’ve connected with your inner child (yourself, of course). Each meditation will be different, and sometimes things won’t feel resolved by the end of a meditation. It may be that something difficult may come up, like the awareness of this judging, but awareness of what needs healing is the first and most important step to healing it. Sometimes it takes being with something painful, seeing it clearly, to help it start to unravel. Let the judging be there. Observe it with curiosity. What does it feel like? How does the child feel. How does the judging part of you feel. In exploring it, it can move. And be easy about it all. It will move through in its own way and in its own time. Thank you for having the courage to take this journey with yourself!

33. Andi on December 4th, 2010 8:16 pm

The first time I did Inner Child, I chose to visualize an image of myself from a childhood picture because nothing else about what she looked like “automatically” came to me. However, about a week later I did the meditation again and her image came to me automatically – my inner child was a few years older. And the image was not an image that I remembered from any pictures of myself. I’m curious about this visual change of my inner child…has anyone else experienced that?

I agree that this meditation is powerful. I cried so hard during that first meditation. I felt painful feelings that left me depleted afterwards. But the second time (the time when the image had changed) the meditation was positive and loving. To my surprise, I was smiling throughout the meditation.

34. Mary on December 16th, 2010 11:00 am

Hi Andi, it sounds like the release of painful feelings in the first meditation paved the way for the positivity of the second meditation. You had a big clearing. The image that comes in any of the meditations where you visualize isn’t necessarily “accurate” in the sense of being like a photo. It’s like you are using your imagination like a paintbrush to depict what’s going on within you. It can be only a vague sense of things, or you can see yourself represented in a different way than you usually do. The mind comes up with what helps you grow.

35. Cat on February 25th, 2011 11:27 pm

I would like to thank you so much for your meditations and especially this one. I had tried it initially in order to connect with my grandiose ambitiousness of my childhood that has waned in adulthood, but found that this meditation took me elsewhere. The first time I did it I found myself as an 8 or 9 year old playing in my room alone, but I was nearly bombarded with overwhelming feelings of loneliness and frustration that evoked a very emotional response. I burst into tears beyond my control as if someone had burst a bubble unexpectedly. The meditation took me into someplace very deep that I was not previously conscious of and despite being extremely emotional, I stayed with it. When it was finished I was suddenly aware of some issues of my childhood that I was unable to connect with before. Afterwards I even wrote a letter to my inner child to address some things that came up in the meditation.

After a week of just digesting what I experienced, I finally came back to this meditation with much trepidation, but ready to face my inner child again and prepared to deal with some heavy issues once. This time, she was a gleeful, innocent, and playful 6 year old unaware of anything but happiness and laughter. I actually laughed out loud several times! The fleeting nature of all her actions were refreshing to say the least. We had a great time and I awoke feeling like a silly little girl for ever dwelling on the traumas of daily life and my past. I am blown away by this experience and am grateful to have this to come back to many more times. Thanks again!

36. Mary on February 26th, 2011 1:57 pm

You are welcome, Cat. Thank you for sharing these profound experiences. Wishing you all good things as you continue your journey with your inner child.

37. Laura on March 2nd, 2011 6:34 pm

I grew in many ways as a sad and lonely child. My parents believed in total obedience and exhibited a sense of ownership over me. I always had a sense of not being good enough and spent many years being constantly corrected.
    When I saw my inner child I found myself wanting to fix her hair and then she told me to stop. I knew then that I was treating her like she needed to be fixed. I told her I was sorry and that she was perfect as she was. I hugged her like I have never hugged before. I gave her all my love, and told I would protect her. I also told her she didn’t belong to my parents anymore, she belonged to me and I would set her free to be happy and full of joy.

38. Mary on March 3rd, 2011 10:46 am

Laura, this is such a beautiful, moving experience. Thank you for sharing it. May you grow daily in love for your inner child and yourself.

39. Pat Rusk on March 5th, 2011 9:14 pm

Mary,
    Love your voice. I am listening to the inner child meditation every other night. there is a lot to absorb. I am going thru a difficult period where all the old fears related to a wounded child have come up again. Thought I had it all “solved” many years ago, but the deeper layer came up.
    I am hoping this will help. I was a lonely, only child…and only remember that. a lot of fears…..
    Will you do a meditation on fear?
    Thanks, Pat

40. Mary on March 6th, 2011 11:32 am

Hi Pat, sometimes deeper layers of wounds do come up. I wonder how you healed through the other layers previously. Sometimes we need to revisit some resources for help. Persisting with the meditation may also help you to move through the fear and find the adult parts of yourself that can love and help your child so she doesn’t feel so alone…

I’ll add your request for a meditation on fear to our list. We also have a special program for anxiety which might help. “At Ease – Anxiety and Worry Relief” – is available as an iPhone/iPod application and as an android app. It’s also available on our website — http://www.meditationoasis.com/courses-programs/at-ease-anxiety-worry-relief/ Best wishes.

41. CoachMarieWetmore on January 21st, 2012 6:11 am

Hi,

I have found inner child meditations indescribably helpful personally and in coaching (I’m a life coach). I find them to be a powerful way to love all aspects of ourselves – even the parts we at first think aren’t so great. I posted a very simple inner child meditation on my blog, if you’re interested: http://wp.me/P22Vnn-O

42. Aliya on April 13th, 2012 1:22 am

Mary- I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and your husband for the wonderful key you have provided to help me unlock my troubled past in the form of this inner child podcast. I cannot begin to tell you how it has helped to melt some of the angst and fear that I have battled with over the years! Ive listened and spoken with her, cried with her, hugged her- thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet and embrace my inner child. May God bless you for your kindness and compassion in reaching out to support people in such a powerful and effective way.

43. Mary on April 13th, 2012 9:06 am

Aliya, you are so very welcome, and thank you for taking the time to let us know how much the meditation has helped you. It’s wonderful that you have been able to experience so much healing. That’s a testimony to your openness and strength. Bless you!

44. alexis on July 17th, 2012 6:15 pm

Mary, mary, mary!! I am so overwhelmed with emotion at this moment after doing the inner child meditation. I tried to do as you suggested and to just let what ever come up to just let it do just that. I cried when I saw the image of my little girl, she was waiting for me so scared, insecure, and not knowing who she could trust. I met with her and told her she could come out, she could come out now and what she went thru is over now and she could trust me. She made it out. Then, emotions from my mother’s death surfaced, I couldnt stop crying overwhelmed by that same feeling when she died. What does this mean? I was 12 yrs old.

45. Mary on July 18th, 2012 8:52 am

Alexis, this is very touching. It sounds like the grief from your mother’s death surfaced. Often we aren’t able to fully emotionally process events when they happen, especially as children, and the emotions stay buried in us until we are able to meet them. Sometimes it’s later in life that we are able to resolve things from earlier on. When something strong comes up, we recommend that you get some support with what has opened up. Perhaps you can find a grief counselor to support you with this. All the best to you…

46. Candice on September 17th, 2012 11:25 am

Hello Mary,

I must say that this has been the most powerful meditation I have ever experienced within the year I’ve been meditating. I was able to understand the source of the issues I have carried around with me that I often ask, “Why am I feeling/acting this way?” My inner child sat on my lap and when you had said to see myself and my inner child being held by compassion, I really did receive the same comfort I was able to give my inner child. One issue of not being able to grieve my Aunt’s death years ago came up and I realized why it was so difficult to connect with that emotion. I was able to forgive and to apologize for everything said and unsaid. What I found fascinating was towards the end of my meditations, as I was crying, my head felt as if it was moving. I opened my eyes and when I closed them again I felt the same feeling. I went with it and as soon as I smiled I felt as though my body was spinning around with my inner child as if we were on a merry-go-round. I’m not sure exactly what that meant but as i am typing this I feel a sense of love and relief.

47. Mary on September 17th, 2012 12:09 pm

Thank you, Candice, for sharing this beautiful and profound experience. What a gift! Sometimes in meditation when there is a big release, we can experience the body moving or feel as if we are moving inside. You might enjoy reading Body Movements in Meditation.

48. Craig on October 26th, 2012 11:45 am

After reading your comments wanted to ask….what if the child is very angry, infact quite hateful and sabotaging….i think from a very early fear of death which was pushed away and became kind of toxic…what can be done?

Many thx Craig

49. Mary on October 27th, 2012 7:39 am

Craig, guided meditations can help emotions like these to be processed. But if the feelings are very strong and are distressing, and don’t pass, it can be helpful to get some counseling to help with resolving them.

50. Albert on January 9th, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi Mary,

This was unfortunately an impossible meditation for me – I couldn’t complete it.

When I asked my inner child to come forward, a ten/eleven year old did come forward, but he seemed not to be aware of me and lost in serious thought. I couldn’t even get him to look at me and got no reply whatsoever when I asked him what was wrong or what he needed.

This was so painful, I had to stop.

51. Mary on January 9th, 2013 5:40 pm

Albert, I am sorry you had to face such great pain, and hope that now that it has come up, it will lead to some healing for you. I also hope you found a way to comfort yourself with these difficult feelings. Sending you all the best.

52. Joyce on March 26th, 2013 4:07 pm

This is an excellent podcast for those of us with Borderline Personality Disorder. I need to do it more to get even more in touch with my Inner Child.

53. Mary on March 27th, 2013 9:10 am

Joyce, I’m so glad you find the Inner Child Meditation helpful. Thank you for taking the time to comment, and best wishes.

54. Dawn on April 5th, 2013 12:34 pm

Would you mind sending me the link to the inner child guided meditation, I don’t see it here.

Thanks!

55. Mary on April 5th, 2013 1:10 pm

Dawn, the link is in the post. Also, you can find all of our podcast meditations on this page — http://www.meditationoasis.com/podcast/listen-to-podcast/

56. Kerry on February 5th, 2014 7:44 am

Listened to this for the first time today. I had tears come to my eyes as I felt the emotions of my younger self. I listened to the feelings of the inner child, and felt refreshed afterwards. I think this will help to come to terms with my childhood and help me emotionally now. Thank you.

57. Mary on February 5th, 2014 9:50 am

You are so welcome, Kerry. Thank you for being open to the meditation and to allowing yourself to experience those feelings. I’m so glad the meditation helped!

58. corrinne on February 5th, 2014 3:45 pm

Thank you for this meditation, I use this when I have a change in my life that leaves me confused. This time she was scared and shy and was very sad that I had forgotten that I was lovable. We was in her classroom, she led me to in the stockroom, there was a big boulder in the middle of the wall, the boulder held all memories: half good and half bad. It has been stuck on the bad memories for years and has just come unstuck. She wanted help turning the boulder to good memories and securing it to so it wouldn’t turn to the bad side. When in the field we searched for the boulder again, it was on a mountainside we secured that one to the good side too… thought I would share as this was a big step in my aid to securing all my good memories I had forgotten about and when I do this meditation again next week I would like to see if she does it again or something different.

59. Mary on February 6th, 2014 11:28 am

Thank you for sharing your experience, Corrinne! It’s wonderful that you are so open to your inner child and to work with your feelings this way. Wishing you all the best with your ongoing journey!