Our new website!

August 14, 2008

It all started with the podcast. We called it Meditation Oasis, and put one of our guided meditations on iTunes. The response to the podcast was so encouraging that we made more episodes.  We created a Meditation Oasis page on our Heart of Healing website and that started to grow. Meditation Oasis got a life of its own. It drew us deeper into our roots in meditation practice and teaching.  And now, Meditation Oasis has a home of its own.

If you are a return visitor, you’ll see that we’ve added content and reorganized.  Our blog has been moved here from wordpress.com.  We’re planning to develop an online course and add all sorts of new content.

One of my favorite things about our new website is that you can leave comments and ask questions on every page.

Let us know what you’d like to see here. Meditation Oasis is a joint venture — it gets created out of our interaction with you.  Thank you for being on this journey with us.

As always, we wish you a peaceful mind and an open heart.

Comments

11 Responses to “Our new website!”

1. John on August 17th, 2008 12:44 pm

Very Nice!

Congratulations!

2. Vince on August 27th, 2008 7:54 am

I have visited your podcast on i tunes…love your voice…easy just to relax to it,sweet, and soft. I was wondering if you could have extending music segment,that a person could continued after your short topic meditations, say about ten more minutes?

Thank you!

3. Mary on August 27th, 2008 8:49 am

Hi Vince — glad you are enjoying the podcasts.

I thought we did have music continuing after many of the meditations. We can certainly do that at least on some of the short meditations in the future. Thanks for asking.

Best to you, Mary

4. Hank on September 5th, 2008 6:47 pm

i have been meditating for some time now and i have listen to various types of meditations. i have listen to mary maddux and wendi friesen and a couple of others but your guy’s is by far the best. keep doin what your doin i’ll be waiting for the podcast when comes out. on thing suggest is maybe have a couple tracks with just music and few others that are very extended, say about 30 minutes for experienced meditators.

Hank Diaz

5. Mary on September 6th, 2008 8:41 am

Thanks for your comment, Hank. We appreciate your requests. As for longer meditations, you can always continue the meditations on your own for a longer time after the voice stops if you’d like. We may add more music in the future, but in the meantime our Pure Light CD which is all music is available for download on our website or iTunes.

6. Carolyn on September 8th, 2008 4:02 pm

Hi Mary & Richard
    I have been richly blessed by how much I’ve learned about meditation from your podcast. All of your episodes are permanent residents on my iPod. I’ve even been able to fly solo when needed–turn my attention to my own inner stillness–as a result of what I’ve learned from you.

Thank you so very much for creating these.

7. Mary on September 8th, 2008 4:38 pm

You are so very welcome, Carolyn. How wonderful that you can also “fly solo”. Our hope is that people do find their natural ability to meditate.

Just a note, since our podcasts are kept on you iPod — our latest episode, the Inner Child Meditation, had a glitch when we first uploaded it. You might want to download it again if you got the faulty episode.

Best wishes.

8. Amanda on November 15th, 2008 6:39 am

I have been listening to your podcasts for a year now and really finding they help in so many different ways. To relax me prior to going to sleep, to let go of negative thoughts / emotions, to recharge me on the train before an important meeting.. the list goes on. I’ve recommended a few people in my regular Buddhist meditation class to have a listen to help them practice at home.

Thanks so much. Keep up the good work.

9. Mary on November 15th, 2008 9:37 am

Great to hear about all the ways you use the meditations. You are very welcome.

Although I don’t have a background with Buddhism, it seems the approach in these meditations must be very consistent with Buddhist practices. We often hear from people involved in Buddhist meditation who also use our meditations. (You might be interested in the post on the Plumline Online Sangha. I will be participating in one of their sessions sometime soon.)

10. jodistar on November 21st, 2008 5:33 pm

i absolutely love your podcasts!!!! i have been meaning to come to your website and blog. i am in recovery and a crucial component is meditation and im not very good at it but i found your site and your guides are so relaxing and grounding. my favorite is the chakra meditation. i got a very painful tattoo and was able to completely leave my body during it, while doing the chakra meditation. i was completely relaxed thru most of it. and i recommend your podcasts to other people in recovery too and they love it! i just wanted you to know that it is helping me a lot!

11. Mary on November 22nd, 2008 11:01 am

Thanks you for sharing your experience with the meditations, jodistar. We have been so inspired to hear from people in recovery and learn that the meditations are helping. We wish you, your family and friends all the best!