Aliveness Meditation

December 19, 2007

When I hear the word “aliveness”, it evokes something for me. There’s a recognition of something intangible that is always there in the background of my awareness. It’s always with us, and yet we miss it as our attention is usually focused on things and events. Aliveness is what can make life fulfilling, regardless of anything else. To be able to sense aliveness itself is a great gift.

In many ways all of our meditations are about aliveness — they’re about being more fully alive. I’m much more aware of the sense of aliveness thanks to the process of creating this meditation. I hope you enjoy this latest podcast as much as I enjoyed creating it! (Listen to the Aliveness Meditation.)

Comments

6 Responses to “Aliveness Meditation”

1. John on December 24th, 2007 3:02 pm

Thank you so much for these meditations!

They are great!

2. Mary on December 24th, 2007 5:08 pm

You are so very welcome, John!

3. matches on January 9th, 2008 7:11 am

just found and listened. beautiful. thank you for giving of yourself in this way. i am blessed because of it.

4. Mary on January 9th, 2008 9:35 am

And I am blessed by your visit! Thank you for leaving a comment. Mary

5. Stacie on February 1st, 2008 7:02 am

I love each every podcast meditation. They are all so good! Thank you for sharing your gift. I would love to have a guided Metta meditation…..

6. Mary on February 1st, 2008 9:31 am

You are welcome, Stacie. It’s interesting that you request a Metta meditation. (For those who don’t know, a Metta meditation has to do with cultivating loving kindness in the Buddhist tradition.) Although sometimes my meditations have been compared to the Buddhist approach, I have no background in those traditions of meditation. I do think that there are universal elements that we can come do from many different paths and so often we recognize the truths in our own path in someone else’s.

If I do a meditation along those lines, it would likely be a different approach even though it would have the same goal. I’ve been considering a meditation to experience unconditional love, as well as one for forgiveness. These are certainly part of what a metta meditation would be for. Thanks for the request, it’s gotten me exploring new avenues! We’ll see if these meditations actually manifest…