Gratitude

October 18, 2007

This morning I spoke with a man who called from London (UK) to express his gratitude for my guided meditations.  Our local meditation group had just left and I was already feeling quite mellow, but the phone call brought me to a deep state of love and gratitude that has remained with me all day.  I was so deeply touched as he related how much our podcast and CDs have helped him.  As he spoke, I felt such gratitude that this is happening in my life, that in some mysterious way people receive the same grace from me that I have received from so many teachers and others through the years.  It could just as easily have been me thanking him for how much he has enriched my life.

When I sit with my meditation group or to record a meditation, I enter into a meditative state and speak from that place.  It seems that those who resonate with my meditations are somehow brought into that state with me.  Today on the phone, it felt as if the gratitude my caller was expressing was my own.  What a gift to be brought into that state of gratitude!  Gratitude is said to be the “highest” possible emotion we can experience.  To me, it is an experience of love — not the emotion of love but of the very essence of life itself.  There’s no way to describe or understand intellectually what gratitude is, but when we have the good fortune to feel it, it’s good to dwell in it and allow it to nourish our spirits.

Comments

7 Responses to “Gratitude”

1. spiritualtravelman on October 18th, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi there. I was wondering if you have your meditations available for downloads? I’m interested in learning how to meditate more. Thanks
    Felipe

2. simplybeing on October 19th, 2007 9:18 am

Hi spiritualtravelman, you can download our podcast episodes from our Podcasts page on this blog, from iTunes or at http://www.meditationoasis.com for free. We also have downloads of our guided meditation CDs for purchase at http://www.heartofhealing.net/cdpage/DownloadOffer.html

Enjoyed the beautiful China video on your blog — thanks!

3. spiritualtravelman on October 19th, 2007 10:19 am

Thanks for the info. I would love to meditate in China. Wouldn’t that be so cool? HAve a great day.
    Felipe

4. Matt on November 6th, 2007 9:46 am

Thank you for sharing your wonderful voice! Your recordings are easily becoming a regular part of my day. I am a big believer in the effectiveness of meditating on goal-visualization. It would be of great value to me if you would create a relaxation meditation with visualizing goals. Or point me to it if you already have one and I missed it.

5. simplybeing on November 6th, 2007 11:33 am

Glad you are enjoying the meditations, Matt. Thanks for the suggestion — will see what I can do with visualizing goals.
    Mary

6. arlene on December 26th, 2007 9:01 pm

I’m so very happy to find meditation oasis. It really helps me be still and listen to what’s going on inside. Your voice is perfect, Thank you again. Arlene

7. simplybeing on December 27th, 2007 9:48 am

Arlene, I’m happy you found Meditation Oasis, too and that you are benefiting from the podcast. You are very welcome! Mary