Effortless Meditation

September 11, 2007

True meditation is by its nature effortless. A meditative state is a state without effort. The basic nature of life itself, actually, is effortless. So what is trying in meditation all about? That’s something worth investigating!

Of course, we can’t become effortless by trying. Hopefully our latest Effortless Meditation podcast will support you in being effortless.

Much of what I wrote about the Letting Go meditation applies here. This is simply another angle on the same theme that runs through all of my meditations and blog posts, and yet I truly feel the less said on this the better!

Comments

9 Responses to “Effortless Meditation”

1. Jeanie Marshall on October 13th, 2007 2:20 pm

I’m really pleased to find your web site. I love your philosophy about meditation being effortless. So true. I have just developed a 21-day Mini Course to assist subscribers in doing what I think is one of the hardest parts of meditating — just sitting down and doing it regularly. It’s a free course, explained at http://www.jmvoice.com/free-meditation-course.html
    I have added a link to your blog from my blog.
    Blessings,
    Jeanie

2. Jeff on December 2nd, 2007 8:36 am

I have to say that these are some of the best guided meditations on the internet. Ive listened to a couple so far and each one I feel has helped me progress much further in my meditations in only a couple days. Thanks for putting all this great stuff up for free, much appreciated :)

3. simplybeing on December 2nd, 2007 10:29 am

You are very welcome, Jeff. Glad you are progressing so nicely with your meditations. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

4. John on December 24th, 2007 3:07 pm

This guided meditation is really one of the best I ever tried.

In most meditations we are still so busy creating a certain state and/or meeting our expectations that it actually clouds the current experience.

5. Mary on December 24th, 2007 5:08 pm

Yes! That’s exactly it, John. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Mary

6. Tara on January 5th, 2008 3:58 pm

Thank you so much for your guided meditations. I usually listen to them before I go to sleep. But I find them best when listening to them while taking a hot relaxing bath! I am truely able to enjoy my bath thought free and totally relaxed. Again, thank you so much for your podcasts.

7. Mary on January 6th, 2008 9:56 am

Tara, thank you for taking time to share your experience. You are most welcome for the podcast! Mary

8. April on February 19th, 2014 8:18 am

Nice to have access to meditation practice without having to go somewhere.

9. Mary on February 19th, 2014 1:20 pm

Glad to hear that, April!